Automate MACDs. Save time. Promote repeatable processes.
Automate onboarding / offboarding with zero touch processes.
Access reports that show the utilization of your UC services.
Manage cost allocation of communications across business units.
Self-manage UC services, applications and settings. Consume new services from the cloud.
Single pane of glass management of Cisco and Microsoft UC services – on-premise, cloud, hybrid
- About VOSS
- VOSS delivers greater TCO savings than any other BCOM vendor Read more
- Service provider
- Delivering value to 80% of the world’s tier-1 telecoms service providersRead more
- Enterprise / Government
- Applying our management experience to large and medium organizations Read more
- New to UC
- Are you new to VOSS? Find out more about the VOSS differenceRead more
Experience the power of VOSS UC Analytics – Understand your UC consumption and activity levels across the various customers, sites, and users
The VOSS Analytics module pulls data from multiple applications, devices and infrastructure, into a single dashboard, giving a big picture view of resource utilization:
- Search and drill-down to investigate sub-sets of the UC platform that may be under or over-performing
- Use exception reporting to determine where licenses are being under-consumed or where inventory is required in the near future
- Export data to third party systems to integrate with mediation and telecom expense management systems
- Fantastic time at @CiscoCollab VT this week. Non-stop booth traffic, queue for our demo, talked ourselves hoarse! https://t.co/S4QvXPopUw
- Last day of Cisco Collaboration VT in San Jose! Ttill time to meet VOSS. Book a meeting! https://t.co/UoOCahII1t @CiscoCollab #CollabVT2016
- New blog post: VOSS Extends its End User Portal for Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) https://t.co/RoFVkzceZY #byod #bcom https://t.co/KnEgcP0rc4
- New video: Quick Add Subscriber Demo - With #ciscospark hybrid support https://t.co/sIGX6rbNTo #cucdm #ciscohcs @CiscoCollab #bcom #ucoms
- VOSS sponsors Cisco's #Collaboration Partner Connection 2016 this week #Bali #ALLinCollabAPJ #cisco @CiscoPartnersAP https://t.co/AK7cz2x34c
- RT @EdB_SP: @voss_solutions Receives @CiscoCollab #HCS #Cloud Builder Certification @CiscoPartners https://t.co/6IDeVbLxd6 #ucaas #bcom #uc…
- Another new solution sheet: VOSS #BCOM Platform - A single point of integration https://t.co/s3UEXdDmx4 #ucc #collaboration #ucoms
- RT @blairplez: VOSS Receives @Cisco HCS Cloud Builder Certification https://t.co/VBi488dPW2 @voss_solutions @UCStrategies #ucoms #cloud
- New solution sheet: Microsoft Management from VOSS - Making it easy to move to a Cisco / Microsoft / hybrid solution https://t.co/Qx3veC7vsL
- RT @UnifiedComsTop: VOSS Receives Cisco HCS Cloud Builder Certification - 2016 - VOSS Press Releases - News & Ev... https://t.co/Jw7u64xm9h…
There’s a transformation of the workplace – how can we help you?
The transformation in the workplace is reshaping enterprise communications, and organizations need to adapt to provide secure access to the latest corporate systems, and cloud collaboration tools, from any device or location. VOSS absorbs this complexity, enabling organizations to easily - yet securely - deliver the latest generation of collaboration tools and services to multiple devices per end user. At VOSS, we ensure that collaboration tools are delivered faster, easier, and more consistently. We also make sure that your communications environment is future-proofed for the next wave of workplace tools and end user devices, as and when they hit the market.Find out more about VOSS-4-UC
VOSS is perfectly placed to support BT, as it is unique in its ability to manage the entire lifecycle of a UC platform, which has enabled BT to manage an ever-expanding and complex network of multi-national enterprise customers, from a single point of control.Read more
John Blake, Head of Hosted IP Telephony – Evolution, BT Global Services
VOSS is awesome. We use VOSS / CUCDM and it really makes multi-tenant UC easier. Read more
Ryan Burtch, Cameo Solutions
Implementing VOSS has allowed us to reduce the install time for new customers by over 50%. Now we can let our IP Telephony Engineers be engineers and they can focus on more complex tasks like customer-specific call flows. Read more
NOC Operator, CDK
We did a major migration from old CUCM cluster to the new HCS solution. The migration process using CUCDM/VOSS was a great success.Read more
Systems Engineer, CSC
VOSS gives du a meaningful competitive edge, to introduce new collaboration services seamlessly, removing deployment blockers, improving customer satisfaction and maximizing revenues.Read more
Farid Faraidooni, EVP Commercial, du
VOSS allows us to cost-effectively manage and administer our customers, no matter how complex. By allowing our customers to do their own administration—Moves, Adds and Changes—we free up our voice experts to concentrate on more complex tasks.Read more
Mark Hayward, Vice President of Operations and IS Deployment
VOSS has equipped us with the necessary tools to provide multiple business customers a range of next generation UC&C services and applications, no matter how complex their requirements.Read more
Gatis Jāzeps, Solutions Sales Consultant, Lattelecom
With VOSS, NWN can turn-up customers quickly and manage them efficiently once in-service, and with the secure management portal NWN can empower our customers who wish to manage certain aspects of their service directly.Read more
Tim Salapek, Director-Hosted Collaboration Services, NWN
The VOSS/Cisco platform completely changes our enterprise telephony business model. Not only can we offer customers a much richer, more flexible service, with a lower cost of ownership, but it allows us to easily upgrade existing customers with new collaboration services. Read more
Mr Mohammed M Al-Haifi, Ooredoo
Latest from VOSS
- VOSS Press Releases
- VOSS becomes the first organization to be certified by Cisco to carry out Cisco HCS adaptations
- VOSS Blog
Christopher May, VOSS Solutions
Being mobile and always available is the new norm. Today’s dynamic workplace must cater to both employee and business needs for ubiquitous connectivity and collaboration; anywhere and on any device. While IT organizations prefer to focus on standardization and security, end users are looking for a truly online experience (i.e. real-time service activation) and personalized choices. VOSS Solutions now offers the possibility of delivering on both these objectives:
- A highly standardized core configuration for end users’ personal devices, ensuring that IT teams control the BYOD integration to the corporate UC systems, totally, from end-to-end; ensuring a high degree of consistency, much lower security risks, while lowering operating and maintenance costs
- An intuitive, online portal that allows end users to add their own personal device(s) themselves, without having to wait days for the IT team to process the application; while also providing a range of personalization options to suit each user (i.e. one size doesn’t have to fit all).
VOSS is able to achieve both these objectives as they relate to BYOD, because of its revolutionary UC service fulfilment platform, called VOSS-4-UC, which now provides comprehensive BYOD capabilities.
The Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD) Market
Since the launch of the iPhone back in 2007, there has been a proliferation of smartphones and tablets, and a huge spike in the number of personal devices that employees wanted to bring into the workplace. What really distinguished this revolution was the fact the CEO was one of the key drivers behind the BYOD movement – IT departments could hardly say no to BYOD when the CEO was the one calling for this capability. Major productivity advantages occur from BYOD as employees are connected to email and messaging on virtually a 24/7 basis, so organizations recognize the benefit of this initiative.
As a result of so many BYO devices being connected to the corporate network and IT systems, IT teams were forced to implement strict processes and acquire Mobile Device Management (MDM) tools in order to maintain control, while ensuring security across the corporate communications network. The problem with this strategy was that to achieve IT’s objectives, choice was removed from the end user, and the process of managing BYOD became complex and requires a number of manual steps. As a result, in many cases, the BYOD device is not connected to the organization’s Unified Communication platform (i.e. no single voicemail box, no single number reach set-up, no fixed mobile integration, etc.), which means much of the productivity gains that are potentially on offer from BYOD are foregone.
We see a number of issues result directly from the lack of UC platform connection. You can often see Sales execs refusing to use their smart phone’s soft client to make business calls, in favour of the mobile network. This means that prospects and customers connect with the sales exec’s personal mobile number in their contact’s list. When the sales exec moves to a competitor, all his contacts will continue to call the private number.
Is there a better way?
The VOSS Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Solution
With VOSS, organizations that adopt BYOD can get automated UC connection to the UC platform with a highly standardized configuration, while also providing users with the ability to customize their own devices.
VOSS gives administrators full control at an individual user or user group level, over:
- Whether a user is allowed access to the “BYOD” feature
- Which types of devices a user can add (many or few)
- Default settings applied for each device type and user type (using fully configurable device and user profile templates)
- How many devices a user can have
- The automatic message that is sent to the end user notifying them of the steps that they need to take
- Where to go to download their soft client
- The number to dial to retrieve their voicemail
- How to connect to their email account
End users have full control of all of their personal settings:
- Select the type and number of devices they want to add
- Select whether this will be a corporate (BYOD) device, or just a personal device
- Modify Single Number each (SNR) settings
- Modify messaging settings for the BYOD device
- Modify the presence awareness feature for the BYOD device
- Modify speed dials and phone features on their BYOD soft client
How It Works
VOSS addresses the needs and requirements of the modern organization, with the introduction of end user “self-service”, as opposed to the traditional self-care. As part of this delivery of self-service, VOSS has recently added a revolutionary capability for end users to be able to add their own devices to the corporate collaboration platform through their self-service web portal.
VOSS UC Self-Service now includes a simple, easy to use interface that allows end users to set up their own personal devices through the self-service portal. Typically this will be a personal smart device on the corporate UC network, and users are essentially setting up their own personal smart phones, as another ‘company phone’:
What are the benefits?
Firstly, administrative control over the standard configurations applied to groups of users, who are allowed to bring their own personal devices, means that service adoption will be much higher. Single number reach can be set up automatically, without the user having to “opt-in”. For example, the ring schedules can be configured by the administrator, rather than allowing the user to decide whether to set this up.
Similarly, administrators can easily set up the users’ BYOD device as an alternate voicemail extension, as well as configure it for receiving voicemail notifications, so that they are much more likely to respond to a critical message.
From the user’s perspective, they are back in control. Once they have approval to access the self-service BYOD capability, they don’t have to wait days for the IT department to activate their services. Once the phone is set up, there is an option to allow the users to personalize their phone’s usual settings (i.e. call forward, do not disturb, SNR ring schedules, etc.) and in the future, features such as Fixed Mobile Integration (FMC)*. This can all be managed by the end user via the VOSS Self-Service portal, like any other of the user’s associated corporate devices.
VOSS UC Self-Service gives the flexibility back to the end-use, without removing over-arching control from the IT team. This enables the organization to better support personal end user devices, and the management of those devices and their security. This promotes employee satisfaction, improves cross company collaboration, and provides a robust infrastructure for the company.
Importantly, VOSS performs the critical tasks to integrate BYOD into the corporate UC function. This is something that MDM cannot do today. However, VOSS also integrates with MDM, for those organizations that have already made an investment, further improving the end-to-end IT integration and operational processes.
* More about Fixed Mobile Integration (FMC)
VOSS fully manages the dial plan and advanced mobility features from a single pane of glass, enabling organizations to offer a rich fixed / mobile convergence (FMC) solution to their users. This results in simplified and integrated management, allowing organizations to deploy and manage this increasingly important feature, complete with workflows, and simple enough for low-level administrators and end users to support. Administrators are able to not only set the single number reach (SNR) number as their office number and direct any calls for this number to the user’s cell phone, but also display the office SNR number when making a call from the cell phone, rather than the cell number. This is achieved through advanced CLI number manipulation that is fundamental to the VOSS UC&C and dial plan provisioning approach. By mapping the overall network architecture and ensuring that the configuration changes required in the architecture are applied across all the linked elements in the call flow, VOSS achieves many additional features and benefits to service providers and enterprise customers.
- VOSS Press Coverage
VOSS has been certified by Cisco as a HCS Cloud Builder Service Provider, to support Cisco HCS partners globally with their customer onboarding, migration, adaptations and best practice needs.
What industry experts say about VOSS
"For those who are looking for a single pane of glass to manage a multi vendor collaboration environment, VOSS does as good a job as I've seen so far."
Zeus Kerravala, ZK Research
"[For a collaboration deployment]... one of the biggest keys to success is having the right management and administrative tools in place from Day-0."
Robin Gareiss, EVP Nemertes Research
"…unless automated OSS tools and processes are deployed, cloud-based collaboration will not be successful."
Dan O'Connell, Research Director, Gartner
"Anyone with cloud problems should perhaps turn to VOSS Solutions, which took home the award for its cloud fulfillment platform."
Mary Lenighan, Total Telecom
"Reducing operational time only becomes possible with user profiling and the automation of configuring those profiles. This should be a priority for organizations."
Marty Parker, UniComm Consulting
"A large number of customers are migrating to Skype for Business, but retaining their existing voice infrastructure...the tools that VOSS provide are essential to a successful technology transition and user migration."
Kevin Kieller, EnableUC
"VOSS enables staff to move beyond the challenges of operations to focus on enablement and adoption, while avoiding errors and delays that reduce both user satisfaction and adoption."
Blair Pleasant, Principal Analyst at CommFusion
Find out how much you could save with VOSS - Put our ROI calculator to the test!Get started