BT was looking for the next evolution of their worldwide Enterprise Voice products, to take their customers to the next stage of IP communications, open up new channel opportunities and support their software transformation strategy.
BT had historically deployed a VoIP architecture, incorporating IP PBX, class 4 switches, voice gateways and IP phones, without an integrated management platform. This caused three main issues:
- Deployments of new customers were consistently running over budget and exceeding projected time lines
- Staffing levels to maintain customers was too high and costs were eating into margins
- Customer service levels were poor, with higher than expected levels of customer service calls
BT has added a global dimension to their Cisco Hosted Unified Communications (HUCS) solution. Marketed as BT Onevoice “cloud” Centrex services, this solution is aimed at large enterprises with global needs and requirements around the provision and control of collaboration services and features across the global estate.
With integrated platforms deployed in EMEA, the US, and with APAC planned in the very near future, BT will use the integrated fulfillment management platform from VOSS to support client-specific needs around multi-country dial plans (on-net/off net capabilities), single number reach services, single sign-on, self care plus a number of other unique collaboration capabilities.
Essentially, the full range of collaboration services available from a standalone Cisco enterprise UC environment are available from the BT hosted offering.
BT of course will leverage its successful deployment of a Cisco HUCS solution within the UK (aimed at SMB, Local Government and large UK companies), again based on the VOSS integrated fulfillment management platform, to ensure the needs of its global customers are met.
BT has experienced a number of benefits since deploying VOSS technology:
- Improved business processes: Simplified administration frees IT specialists
- Reduced operating and capital costs:
- Central resource and infrastructure management
- Company-wide dial plan
- Integrated management
- Improved end-user experience
- Self-care portal allows end users to manage their own phones and collaboration services
- Real-time moves, add and changes by local administrators
- Support for company-wide directory
- People can log into any authorized phone with cross-cluster mobility roaming
VOSS opens up new channel opportunities for BT and supports its software transformation strategy.