At VOSS we provide our customers with single pane of glass management for Cisco and Microsoft UC services – on-premise, cloud, hybrid
- About VOSS
- VOSS delivers greater TCO savings than any other BCOM vendor Read more
- Service provider
- Delivering value to 80% of the world’s tier-1 telecoms service providersRead more
- Enterprise / Government
- Applying our management experience to large and medium organizations Read more
- New to UC
- Are you new to VOSS? Find out more about the VOSS differenceRead more
VOSS Ranked #1 UC Operational Management Vendor
Independent UC analyst firm, Nemertes Research, confirms that VOSS consistently delivers the lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) for enterprise communications
- Organizations that choose VOSS spend 19% less on their UC implementation costs, compared to organizations that use competing vendors
- Organizations that choose VOSS spend 7% less per year on UC operating costs, compared to organizations using competing vendors
Download the report to find out more
- RT @blairplez: VOSS Solutions Releases VOSS-4-UC v17 https://t.co/jMBWD9UWIB @voss_solutions @UCStrategies #ucoms @SkypeBusiness
- RT @Thatsmartini: For everyone asking, you DO NOT need special glasses to view our webinar tomorrow. Join us! #VOSSSolutions #Skype4B https…
- VOSS Awarded Skype Operations Framework Featured Partner Status https://t.co/nW5DAGfvZc #Microsoft @Microsoft… https://t.co/qOXtgRrnIP
- RT @R_Pleasant: VOSS Solutions Releases VOSS-4-UC v17 https://t.co/vrdZJCZHHd #ucoms @voss_solutions @UCStrategies
- Weds Aug 23 #OWASP #Meetup #CapeTown Fighting the Previous War - Attack & Defend in the Cloud Era… https://t.co/jfpIhMa9m6
- RT @VoIP_Review: This Week in Telecom: August 18th @BlackBerry @voss_solutions @nexVortex @Ooma #cloud #cloudcomm #UC #VoIP #CPaaS https://…
- RT @Thatsmartini: Looking for seasoned Enterprise Sales pro to lead and close business in US-It's an exciting time to join the team! https:…
- Webinar: Aug 22 - Top 10 Elements for a Skype for Business Deployment https://t.co/7CDqDhwjv3 @Microsoft… https://t.co/pAvGkxydAQ
- VOSS Announces VOSS-4-UC Version 17 to Support Next Generation Demands for UC Management https://t.co/jAz5CNeCZO… https://t.co/zNcAuTmSem
- 2 hrs til our webinar: Microsoft UC – A Successful Transition to the Cloud https://t.co/7CDqDhwjv3 @Microsoft @msPartner #skypeforbusiness
- VOSS-4-UC product video
- With VOSS, managing your UC environment becomes as easy as 1,2,3
- Enterprise solution video
- One size does not fit all. Get a perfect fit for your UC with VOSS
- Solution video
- It’s not a dream! Efficient, automated and accurate UC migrations
NEW! Learn more about VOSS with our new product demo videos
- Legacy PBX Migration VOSSBot VOSS-4-UC and Cisco Hybrid Spark VOSS-4-UC Provisioning & Management with a Single Pane of Glass VOSS-4-UC Overbuild Move Tool VOSS-4-UC GUI Overview VOSS-4-UC Modifying a User with Quick Add Subscriber VOSS-4-UC Modifying Users with Subscriber Relations VOSS-4-UC Adding Pickup Groups to Cisco Call Manager
There’s a transformation of the workplace – how can we help you?
The transformation in the workplace is reshaping enterprise communications, and organizations need to adapt to provide secure access to the latest corporate systems, and cloud collaboration tools, from any device or location. VOSS absorbs this complexity, enabling organizations to easily - yet securely - deliver the latest generation of collaboration tools and services to multiple devices per end user. At VOSS, we ensure that collaboration tools are delivered faster, easier, and more consistently. We also make sure that your communications environment is future-proofed for the next wave of workplace tools and end user devices, as and when they hit the market.Find out more about VOSS-4-UC
VOSS is perfectly placed to support BT, as it is unique in its ability to manage the entire lifecycle of a UC platform, which has enabled BT to manage an ever-expanding and complex network of multi-national enterprise customers, from a single point of control.Read more
John Blake, Head of Hosted IP Telephony – Evolution, BT Global Services
Implementing VOSS has allowed us to reduce the install time for new customers by over 50%. Now we can let our IP Telephony Engineers be engineers and they can focus on more complex tasks like customer-specific call flows. Read more
NOC Operator, CDK
We did a major migration from old CUCM cluster to the new HCS solution. The migration process using CUCDM/VOSS was a great success.Read more
Systems Engineer, CSC
VOSS gives du a meaningful competitive edge, to introduce new collaboration services seamlessly, removing deployment blockers, improving customer satisfaction and maximizing revenues.Read more
Farid Faraidooni, EVP Commercial, du
The VOSS/Cisco platform completely changes our enterprise telephony business model. Not only can we offer customers a much richer, more flexible service, with a lower cost of ownership, but it allows us to easily upgrade existing customers with new collaboration services. Read more
Mr Mohammed M Al-Haifi, Ooredoo
VOSS has equipped us with the necessary tools to provide multiple business customers a range of next generation UC&C services and applications, no matter how complex their requirements.Read more
Gatis Jāzeps, Solutions Sales Consultant, Lattelecom
With VOSS, NWN can turn-up customers quickly and manage them efficiently once in-service, and with the secure management portal NWN can empower our customers who wish to manage certain aspects of their service directly.Read more
Tim Salapek, Director-Hosted Collaboration Services, NWN
VOSS is awesome. We use VOSS / CUCDM and it really makes multi-tenant UC easier. Read more
Ryan Burtch, Cameo Solutions
VOSS allows us to cost-effectively manage and administer our customers, no matter how complex. By allowing our customers to do their own administration—Moves, Adds and Changes—we free up our voice experts to concentrate on more complex tasks.Read more
Mark Hayward, Vice President of Operations and IS Deployment
Latest from VOSS
- VOSS Press Releases
Monday August 21, 2017 – Richardson, TX - Today, VOSS Solutions, a Microsoft Certified Partner, announced that the company is now recognized as a Skype Operations Framework Featured Partner.
Developed by Microsoft, the Skype Operations Framework (SOF) is a comprehensive guide that empowers organizations to successfully and cost-effectively deploy Skype for Business services in the cloud. Following a proven methodology, SOF equips organizations with the right assets and tools to ensure a successful Skype for Business experience.
SOF featured partners are selected by Microsoft for their product and services offerings that help organizations maximize the value from their Skype for Business Online investment. The designation reflects the fact that VOSS has worked with Microsoft to offer solutions that magnify the benefits of moving to Microsoft Office 365 for UC. In addition, it validates that VOSS employees are certified in administering the framework.
VOSS has been listed as a SOF featured partner for its ability to carry out complex UC migrations, and manage Skype for Business Cloud PBX & PSTN services from a single pane of glass. The VOSS Skype for Business Voice and Meetings in the Cloud Offer aligns with SOF to minimize UC complexities and increase operational efficiency in the cloud.
Organizations face challenges at every stage of the Skype Operations Framework, and VOSS provides tools and expertise specifically designed to meet those challenges. The VOSS Offer includes Skype for Business online, Meetings, and PSTN calling with Cloud PBX wrapped in VOSS management tools, training, and 24x7 support to ensure customer success. Features include:
- Expert guidance to help plan and execute the ideal solution at a pace that suits the organization
- Reduced implementation & annual operational costs, and improve end user adoption
- Simplified rollout and ongoing management with the world’s most advanced, and most secure UC management solution
- Flexibility to manage a multi-vendor or hybrid environment through a single interface, as needed
- Future-proofed UC solution ready for the addition of any new application, device or service as the need arises
Christopher Martini, VP Skype for Business at VOSS, commented; "This is a great milestone for VOSS and our customers, as we strive to become one of Microsoft's most valued partners. We are excited to be listed as a SOF featured partner, as it reflects our work with an increasing number of global organizations to optimize their Microsoft UC environments. The guidance and resources provided as part of the framework really do enable us to better serve our customers."
Through August and September, VOSS is hosting a 6-part webinar series for organizations interested in migrating to – and managing – Microsoft UC. To find out more about the series, and to register, click here: https://webinars.on24.com/voss/microsoftuc
To find out more about Microsoft UC and VOSS, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
+44 (0) 7788 567 604
- VOSS Blog
Rob Hamlin, Director Solutions Engineering, VOSS
As a follow on to my June 30 blog post Working Outside the Box, I would like to highlight a seemingly minor adaptation that had a significant impact on the efficient use of VOSS-4-UC for a provider.
Working together with our customer, we tuned their UC management system to suit their business practices. Once complete, we explored areas where further improvements could be made. One statement stuck out from the rest. The customer expressed frustration that number management as a whole was "really slowing them down". This comment really got me thinking about how we could help improve their process.
Let's set the stage so the situation may be better understood. In the last blog post I mentioned the need to take the +E164 number that is mapped to the associated Internal Number Inventory directory number, then bind that +E164 number to the phone line and elements in Cisco Unity. For these reasons, there is an easily specified groundrule that the administrators will always map each E164 number to one directory number. This was a very important detail that helped define a VOSS-4-UC adaptation that would streamline their frustratingly slow process.
The Customer Process
To achieve their desired number association in the out-of-the-box system, the customer performed the following steps:
1. Add Internal Number Inventory via the range add tool:
2. Add E164 Number Inventory via the range add tool:
3. Associate the E164 to Directory Number one by one using this tool:
For the first two steps in the process, the out-of-the-box functionality works well. The internal number inventory and E164 inventory can be added in ranges with a single step each. The association of E164 to directory number is not so efficient. The numbers have to be mapped one per transaction because of the nature of the tool and the requirement for one-to-one mapping. If you have 100 numbers to associate, the steps required to achieve the end goal would be 102.
What we needed was a way to do associations in ranges. I set out in my lab with the problem firmly in my sights, and after a day or two, returned to the customer with the following solution.
I utilized the VOSS-4-UC Adaptation capability that is simple to use but very broad in its functionality within the context of the requirement. To keep the process simple I ensured the input data was as minimal as possible, resolving to use four core fields.
- Start DN: Designates the beginning of the directory number range
- End DN: Designates the end of the directory number range
- Start E164: Designates the beginning of the E164 number range
- Country of E164 Number Range: Designates the country for the E164 numbers which is required in the E164 table
All of the fields may be used as dropdowns to map existing E164 and internal number inventory directory numbers. Should the number inventories not exist at run-time, the administrator can simply add, in free text, the number information, and at launch, the tool will provision the internal number inventory numbers as well as the corresponding E164 range into their perspective tables.
How Does It Work?
Behind the scenes in VOSS-4-UC, a workflow analyzes the input data of the Start DN to End DN and builds a range of numbers. If the input were Start DN: 5010 and End DN: 5014, the workflow would build a list of 5010, 5011, 5012, 5013, 5014. The workflow then does a count on those directory numbers and applies that count to build a range of corresponding E164 numbers in order, starting with the Start E164 number. This of course implies that the E164 number to DN map is in a sequential order which in the case of this carrier, most are.
In this adaptation, the range of numbers that can be built are not fixed; the start DN and end DN can range anywhere between 1 and 1000. A ceiling of 1000 was introduced just as a safety net to ensure the tool does not monopolize system resources for too long.
The new tool is also enabled to fill gaps in existing inventories. For argument’s sake, say you had a range in the number inventory of 1024 to 1033 and you want to add 1000-1099, the tool will simply skip over the existing entries and add the missing inventory numbers around or in between them. This is also true of the E164 inventories.
The solution to the process inefficiency turned out to be quite elegant. With the introduction of the new tooling, the customer gains a “one stop shop” for number managment. In the case of a 100 directory number association, we took the 102 step process and turned that into a one step process. For this customer and their administrators this represents a major leap in efficiency and productivity.
Let us know if there is a UC management process causing frustration in your organization.
- VOSS Press Coverage
VOSS announces the general availability of VOSS-4-UC v17, which includes a rich array of new features and functionality.
- Industry Events
- - Tuesday, August 15
11am New York / 4pm London
Microsoft UC – A Successful Transition to the Cloud
- - Tuesday, August 22
11am New York / 4pm London
Top 10 Critical Elements to Successfully Plan for a Skype for Business Deployment
- - Tuesday, August 29
11am New York / 4pm London
Planning for Success - Unlock the Full Value of Your UC Investment by Driving Customer Success and Adoption
- - Tuesday, September 5
11am New York / 4pm London
Drive Delivery in Complex Skype Deployments Using State of the Art Tools
- - Tuesday, September 12
11am New York / 4pm London
Introducing VOSS Assurance and VOSS Analytics for an Improved Skype for Business Experience
- - Tuesday, September 19
11am New York / 4pm London
Leverage UC Data and Analytics to Drive Adoption and Consumption of Skype for Business
- - Tuesday, August 15
What industry experts say about VOSS
"So, please, please go look at a BCOM system, such as VOSS-4-UC, so that you get your money’s worth out of the highly communication-dependent users in your company, while also assuring you are managing the TCO of your communications technologies. It will be worth your time and investment. "
Marty Parker, UC Strategies
"For those who are looking for a single pane of glass to manage a multi vendor collaboration environment, VOSS does as good a job as I've seen so far."
Zeus Kerravala, ZK Research
"[For a collaboration deployment]... one of the biggest keys to success is having the right management and administrative tools in place from Day-0."
Robin Gareiss, EVP Nemertes Research
"…unless automated OSS tools and processes are deployed, cloud-based collaboration will not be successful."
Dan O'Connell, Research Director, Gartner
"Anyone with cloud problems should perhaps turn to VOSS Solutions, which took home the award for its cloud fulfillment platform."
Mary Lenighan, Total Telecom
"Reducing operational time only becomes possible with user profiling and the automation of configuring those profiles. This should be a priority for organizations."
Marty Parker, UniComm Consulting
"A large number of customers are migrating to Skype for Business, but retaining their existing voice infrastructure...the tools that VOSS provide are essential to a successful technology transition and user migration."
Kevin Kieller, EnableUC
"VOSS enables staff to move beyond the challenges of operations to focus on enablement and adoption, while avoiding errors and delays that reduce both user satisfaction and adoption."
Blair Pleasant, Principal Analyst at CommFusion
Find out how much you could save with VOSS - Put our ROI calculator to the test!Get started