Migrate, manage, monitor, and analyze your multi-vendor UC environment, on-premise or in the cloud, with VOSS
- About VOSS
- VOSS delivers greater TCO savings than any other UC management vendor Read more
- Service provider
- Enabling the world’s leading service providers to deliver dynamic UCaaSRead more
- Enterprise / Government
- Unlocking agile and flexible UC for large and medium enterprise organizations Read more
- New to UC
- Are you new to VOSS? Here's an enterprise guide to UC managementRead more
VOSS Ranked #1 UC Operational Management Vendor
Independent UC analyst firm, Nemertes Research, confirms that VOSS consistently delivers the lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) for enterprise communications
- Organizations that choose VOSS spend 19% less on their UC implementation costs, compared to organizations that use competing vendors
- Organizations that choose VOSS spend 7% less per year on UC operating costs, compared to organizations using competing vendors
- Read our latest blog post: What Does It Take to Transition Your HCS Platform from CUCDM to VOSS-4-UC?… https://t.co/bjwZXLeSew
- T Minus 19 Months and Counting ** END OF SUPPORT for CUCDM is February 2021 ** Van Hammond shares an update on ho… https://t.co/9naU2tJiiX
- Catch our latest blog post: Achieving Operational Optimization for Retail with VOSS-4-UC https://t.co/94PwtIdb5m… https://t.co/QXZAPk2Rly
- Read the second blog post from VOSS on: Optimizing Basic Telephony on Your UC Platform - Part 2… https://t.co/1yMfzb3H3y
- Read our latest blog post: Optimizing Basic Telephony on Your UC Platform - Part 1 https://t.co/HZlO1UFzN9… https://t.co/iQu4ih4eHu
- Please see our latest blog post: Cisco Live – What a Week! https://t.co/VCUou7NoZY #CiscoHCS #CLUS #V4UC #UCOMS… https://t.co/848QI3vbFd
- Read our latest blog post from VOSS CTO, Dan Payne: VOSS Introduces Simplified Cisco Contact Center Express Managem… https://t.co/2rFiu7pPWd
- Another great day at Cisco Live yesterday - thanks to everyone for attending our presentation! It's the last day t… https://t.co/jYLn94ahqm
- Read our latest blog post: Customer Success: Teaming up with VOSS https://t.co/CidPewkLDh #UCManagement… https://t.co/ITUp7KOTlF
- Don't miss our session today! 11.35am in the Collaboration Pavilion "Supercharge your business with smarter colla… https://t.co/qHbefKJqS0
- VOSS-4-UC product video
- With VOSS, managing your UC environment becomes as easy as 1,2,3
- Enterprise solution video
- One size does not fit all. Get a perfect fit for your UC with VOSS
- Solution video
- It’s not a dream! Efficient, automated and accurate UC migrations
NEW! Learn more about VOSS with our new product demo videos
- VOSS M2UC Overview VOSS-4-UC Provisioning & Management with a Single Pane of Glass VOSS-4-UC ServiceNow Integration Contact Center Management VOSSBot VOSS-4-UC and Cisco Hybrid Spark VOSS-4-UC Overbuild Move Tool VOSS-4-UC GUI Overview VOSS-4-UC Modifying a User with Quick Add Subscriber
Cisco has announced the end of life for CUCDM
Start your transition to VOSS-4-UC todayFind out how
VOSS - The Only Vendor to Offer a Full UC Management Suite
VOSS is unique in integrating UC fulfillment, UC assurance, and UC accounting, across multiple UC vendors; all from a single, flexible web portal. Unified communications is inherently complex. With VOSS, your organization can overcome this complexity by managing all UC applications from multiple UC vendors, with a full suite of UC management capabilities. No other UC management vendor comes close to offering the depth of management that VOSS provides.Find out more about VOSS-4-UC
"As a Systems Integrator, it’s our job to provide high quality and cost-effective leading edge UCaaS packages to our customers. VOSS enables Axians to provide a highly automated and flexible UC management framework that allows us to respond to our customers' requirements quickly and efficiently." Read more
Tom Greeve, Director at Axians
"VOSS is perfectly placed to support BT, as it is unique in its ability to manage the entire lifecycle of a UC platform, which has enabled BT to manage an ever-expanding and complex network of multi-national enterprise customers, from a single point of control." Read more
John Blake, Head of Hosted IP Telephony – Evolution, BT Global Services
"It was simply a matter of deploying the VOSS software – then the magic happens" Read more
Jeremy Pestana, GCN Project Manager, Western Australia Government
"We are excited to partner with VOSS Solutions to benefit from a direct relationship with our UC management provider, allowing us to operate an agile cloud communications platform. Overall, VOSS-4-UC empowers b+s and our partners to create dynamic Cisco HCS solution packages." Read more
Ralph Müller, Sales & Business Development Cloud, Bucher + Suter
"VOSS gives du a meaningful competitive edge, to introduce new collaboration services seamlessly, removing deployment blockers, improving customer satisfaction and maximizing revenues." Read more
Farid Faraidooni, EVP Commercial, du
"We provide state of the art technology to help businesses access top-tier collaboration software of the quality and capability they deserve. Therefore, we wanted to be sure we were selecting the very best UC management technology for our new Shared Architecture solution. We were most impressed with the latest version of VOSS-4-UC, together with the VOSS team’s deep technical know-how of latest HCS thinking." Read more
Mark Phelps, Collaboration Product Manager, Node4
"The VOSS/Cisco platform completely changes our enterprise telephony business model. Not only can we offer customers a much richer, more flexible service, with a lower cost of ownership, but it allows us to easily upgrade existing customers with new collaboration services." Read more
Mr Mohammed M Al-Haifi, Ooredoo
KCOM selected VOSS to provide integrated contact center management and UC management, from a single web-based portal. "The innovations from VOSS allow us to pass on flexibility, accuracy and speed to our customers' agents and reduce effort required by their customers and long may it continue." Read more
Stu Smith, Head of Innovation and Development, KCOM
"VOSS is awesome. We use VOSS / CUCDM and it really makes multi-tenant UC easier."
Ryan Burtch, Cameo Solutions
"VOSS allows us to cost-effectively manage and administer our customers, no matter how complex. By allowing our customers to do their own administration—Moves, Adds and Changes—we free up our voice experts to concentrate on more complex tasks." Read more
Mark Hayward, Vice President of Operations and IS Deployment, FlexITy
Latest from VOSS
- VOSS Blog
Tim Jalland, Senior Proposition Manager, VOSS
The last four months have seen unprecedented levels of uncertainty and change in the economic environment. Organizations have had to reconfigure and work from home. Telephony and UC solutions are at the heart of this, but how to continue in this environment with some level of BAU, improvement work, migration activities and running existing services whilst not introducing undue risk or cost?
At VOSS we have been regularly asked about tools, services and ideas we can provide to assist with this process. One of the outcomes is the newly announced VOSS Phone Server, which can be used alongside Cisco HCS, Cisco CUCM/Enterprise, Avaya Aura, or Microsoft Teams – in either on-premise, managed service, or cloud delivered solutions.
VOSS Phone Server offers complementary phone registration and telephony capabilities, offloads the main telephony solution (including licenses), and provides a level of agility to the overall solution. It is designed for:
- Extending the lifetime of existing devices that may become unsupported as the main telephony platform is upgraded to the latest manufacturer software – perhaps to take advantage of a new capability or to mitigate a security concern.
- Assisting with a planned migration to a new telephony solution. Existing devices can be transferred to the new solution and connected to it via the Phone Server. The existing phones, with numbers, can continue to be used during the migration process with a minimum amount of disruption.
- Taking advantage of the wide range of new multi-vendor phones, devices and soft clients that have become available – at lower acquisition and license costs, and with new feature options (such as ‘green’ standby options) - to provide scalable, standard telephony at places such as lobbies, reception areas, meeting rooms, branch offices and even home working locations.
VOSS Phone Server can be fully administered from VOSS-4-UC, and easy to use workflow wizards are provided to make the moving of phones between the main telephony solution and the phone server quick and error free. Phones can be moved either way!
DEPLOYMENT INTO A CISCO OR AVAYA SOLUTION
✓ Extends life of existing devices (out of support phones)
✓ Reduces on-going Cisco/Avaya license costs
✓ Extends choice for new device purchases
✓ Provides access to full enterprise call control
- VOSS Press Releases
Richardson, TX - Monday June 29, 2020 - Today, VOSS Solutions unveiled the latest edition to its product portfolio, VOSS Phone Server, designed to extend the lifetime and maximize the investment from existing assets, whilst reducing operating costs in large scale distributed telephony networks.
VOSS Phone Server operates as a registration and telephony server, connecting phones and other devices into existing telephony estates. In doing so, it provides a simple and straightforward mechanism to bring a wide choice of multi-vendor devices into systems such as Cisco HCS and Cisco CUCM, Avaya Aura, and Microsoft Teams.
Its principal applications are to:
- Extend the lifetime of existing devices that become unsupported as the main telephony platform is upgraded to the latest software
- Provide scalable, standard telephony at lower purchase and ongoing license costs at places such as lobbies, reception areas, meeting rooms and branch offices
- Assist the migration to new telephony solutions, allowing existing devices to connect quickly and simply into the new estate with minimum disruption
- Offer the option of connecting more traditional third party (SIP) phones and analog devices (ATA adapter) into solutions such as Microsoft Teams (which are designed to primarily cater for mobile and PC soft clients)
- Concentrate dispersed devices – home workers with remote devices – simply and cost-effectively back into the main Cisco or Avaya solution
VOSS created Phone Server in response to the challenge of connecting a wide range of existing, new and multi-vendor telephony devices into solutions such as Cisco, Avaya and Microsoft. With VOSS Phone Server, organizations can simply and cost-effectively integrate these devices, extending the lifetime of existing assets and opening up options to take advantage of the wide range of third party devices available, without being tied in to a single vendor; reducing ongoing operating and license costs. This means that organizations can seamlessly connect traditional devices, phones and analog points into new UC platforms.
Administration of the VOSS Phone Server is from VOSS-4-UC, which offers an intuitive web portal to install and operate the new technology. Existing devices may be quickly and easily migrated to the Phone Server using the provided workflow wizards.
Bill Dellara, VP Product at VOSS Solutions commented; “VOSS Phone Server extends the wealth of benefits found in VOSS-4-UC, empowering organizations to manage and control their entire telephony estate from a single intuitive web portal. This new functionality will enable our customers to access impressive operational savings, as well as the good business practice of getting the most out of existing investments.”
To find out more about VOSS Phone Server, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- VOSS Blog
Derek Lipscombe, Sales Director, VOSS Solutions
It is widely recognized that the worldwide work-from-home trend has dramatically accelerated both the adoption and penetration of collaboration tools, as organizations across all industries respond to supporting remote workers with video and other online team collaboration tools.
A broad range of advanced collaboration tools are being adopted, sometimes too quickly, in that the deployments are tactical, largely unmanaged, and almost always not well integrated with the existing business communications platforms. As a consequence, VOSS has experienced a significant spike in interest from enterprise organizations who approach us with the goal of applying our UC management automation technology to help manage, integrate and simplify the administration of their evolving and complex communications platforms.
Another unexpected implication of the stay-at-home regulations has been the incredible pressure the retail industry has faced, grappling with the unprecedented levels of online orders pouring in from consumers “shopping from home”.
This has resulted in increased demand for VOSS UC management from the retail sector. And it’s clear that our solution is already bringing a wealth of benefits to retail customers across the world. We recently published a collection of use cases from the retail industry to highlight some of the many ways that they are deploying VOSS-4-UC and VOSS Assurance, to underpin their communications platform and to support their UC transformation journey.
So, what can VOSS’ UC management and automation tools really do for the retail industry? And, how can VOSS help retailers with their digital transformation?
In this collection of case studies, we look at the pressure that retailers are under to perform in a highly competitive, high volume, low margin business.The need to be nimble and to respond to change fast becomes the secret to a retailer’s success. And, digitization and ever-increasing levels of integrated automation change the game.
The Covid-19 pandemic has exacerbated this pressure. Every retailer has had to rethink their business model, to support radical changes to customer buying habits and to the employee workplace, and then implement changes to their UC infrastructure quickly and efficiently. Deploying these changes in such challenging time constraints would be impossible without automation.
Automation is the key.
In fact, if you read our use cases, a desire to harness VOSS automation to introduce flexibility is at the heart of every customer story.
Here are just some of the challenges we hear:
- The need to be able to migrate to more modern technologies, such as video and team collaboration tools
- The need to integrate new UC capabilities with existing technologies to sweat those assets where appropriate
- The need to centralize and rationalize UC platforms and deliver a consistent and reliable solution to the evolving store locations and needs - having a centralized platform where the UC capabilities are centrally deployed and then devolving the required services to the distributed stores and depots massively increases productivity
- The need to be able to deploy the new capabilities, such as store management tools, quickly and efficiently
- The need to quickly and seamlessly integrate new UC solutions with existing business processes to ensure the greatest business benefit from the automation
- As the dependency on UC increases, this creates the need to step up the level of monitoring, management and analytical reporting of the UC platforms
The fact that VOSS addresses all of these challenges - and so many more - is driving our growth in the retail space.
- VOSS Blog
Tom Turrington, Migration Team Lead, VOSS
One of our current migration projects involves a migration of ~30,000 users from Avaya to Cisco UCM for a large international insurer with offices and call centres in many sites across approximately 15 countries.
As with any migration, once the design of the new system is complete, a robust process and a suite of tools is required to ensure that every batch of the migration can be converted to the new design in a consistent, repeatable manner, with minimal errors.
Whilst there are a core set of concepts, features and settings that exist in both UC platforms - such as devices, call pickup groups and hunt groups - there are various features that work differently or simply do not exist in the othaer system (coverage paths for example).
This is where VOSS’ tried-and-tested migration methodology and flexible tooling (M2UC) come into their own.
M2UC provides the ability to import data from the source platform, map each individual feature and data item between the systems where necessary and manipulate it with a set of rules that ensure the data is transformed exactly as required. Different batch sizes can be handled with ease (in this case one batch per country) whilst processing and provisioning each batch takes just a matter of minutes, tying up human resources for as short a time as possible.
Additionally, there is the capability to augment the data and apply templates (for example to convert one phone type into another). Optionally, the data can be exported, checked by the end customer and if required, updated - all prior to provisioning (as was the case with this migration).
These features, amongst others, mean that M2UC has met every requirement from both the service provider and the end customer. The flexible design and extendability of M2UC has also meant that extra features can be added with short turnaround times. An example of this is the customer’s desire to set random passwords which they generated, sent to the migration team, and were merged into the data.
In order to streamline the workflow further, reduce customer effort, and speed up the migration, VOSS created the ability to generate random passwords of user-definable length within the rules, tested the new functionality and added it to M2UC - all within a matter of days.
In addition to its flexibility and extensibility, M2UC has been designed with a robust user-friendly interface. Whilst here at VOSS we are more than happy to conduct the entire migration, our end user portal enabled the handing over of the running of this migration to a small team within the service provider, who are successfully processing and provisioning further batches. The team is currently running several weeks ahead of the migration dates - with minimal input from VOSS (simply providing a support role), minimising costs whilst ensuring maximum accuracy.
For more information about M2UC, or to discuss your UC migration project - whether involving Avaya or another UC platform, please contact us.
What industry experts say about VOSS
"So, please, please go look at a BCOM system, such as VOSS-4-UC, so that you get your money’s worth out of the highly communication-dependent users in your company, while also assuring you are managing the TCO of your communications technologies. It will be worth your time and investment. "
Marty Parker, UC Strategies
"For those who are looking for a single pane of glass to manage a multi vendor collaboration environment, VOSS does as good a job as I've seen so far."
Zeus Kerravala, ZK Research
"[For a collaboration deployment]... one of the biggest keys to success is having the right management and administrative tools in place from Day-0."
Robin Gareiss, EVP Nemertes Research
"…unless automated OSS tools and processes are deployed, cloud-based collaboration will not be successful."
Dan O'Connell, Research Director, Gartner
"Anyone with cloud problems should perhaps turn to VOSS Solutions, which took home the award for its cloud fulfillment platform."
Mary Lenighan, Total Telecom
"Reducing operational time only becomes possible with user profiling and the automation of configuring those profiles. This should be a priority for organizations."
Marty Parker, UniComm Consulting
"A large number of customers are migrating to Skype for Business, but retaining their existing voice infrastructure...the tools that VOSS provide are essential to a successful technology transition and user migration."
Kevin Kieller, EnableUC
"VOSS enables staff to move beyond the challenges of operations to focus on enablement and adoption, while avoiding errors and delays that reduce both user satisfaction and adoption."
Blair Pleasant, Principal Analyst at CommFusion
Find out how much you could save with VOSS - Put our ROI calculator to the test!Get started