Migrate, manage, monitor, and analyze your multi-vendor UC environment, on-premise or in the cloud, with VOSS
- About VOSS
- VOSS delivers greater TCO savings than any other UC management vendor Read more
- Service provider
- Enabling the world’s leading service providers to deliver dynamic UCaaSRead more
- Enterprise / Government
- Unlocking agile and flexible UC for large and medium enterprise organizations Read more
- New to UC
- Are you new to VOSS? Here's an enterprise guide to UC managementRead more
VOSS Ranked #1 UC Operational Management Vendor
Independent UC analyst firm, Nemertes Research, confirms that VOSS consistently delivers the lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) for enterprise communications
- Organizations that choose VOSS spend 19% less on their UC implementation costs, compared to organizations that use competing vendors
- Organizations that choose VOSS spend 7% less per year on UC operating costs, compared to organizations using competing vendors
- Read our latest blog post: What Does It Take to Transition Your HCS Platform from CUCDM to VOSS-4-UC?… https://t.co/bjwZXLeSew
- T Minus 19 Months and Counting ** END OF SUPPORT for CUCDM is February 2021 ** Van Hammond shares an update on ho… https://t.co/9naU2tJiiX
- Catch our latest blog post: Achieving Operational Optimization for Retail with VOSS-4-UC https://t.co/94PwtIdb5m… https://t.co/QXZAPk2Rly
- Read the second blog post from VOSS on: Optimizing Basic Telephony on Your UC Platform - Part 2… https://t.co/1yMfzb3H3y
- Read our latest blog post: Optimizing Basic Telephony on Your UC Platform - Part 1 https://t.co/HZlO1UFzN9… https://t.co/iQu4ih4eHu
- Please see our latest blog post: Cisco Live – What a Week! https://t.co/VCUou7NoZY #CiscoHCS #CLUS #V4UC #UCOMS… https://t.co/848QI3vbFd
- Read our latest blog post from VOSS CTO, Dan Payne: VOSS Introduces Simplified Cisco Contact Center Express Managem… https://t.co/2rFiu7pPWd
- Another great day at Cisco Live yesterday - thanks to everyone for attending our presentation! It's the last day t… https://t.co/jYLn94ahqm
- Read our latest blog post: Customer Success: Teaming up with VOSS https://t.co/CidPewkLDh #UCManagement… https://t.co/ITUp7KOTlF
- Don't miss our session today! 11.35am in the Collaboration Pavilion "Supercharge your business with smarter colla… https://t.co/qHbefKJqS0
- VOSS-4-UC product video
- With VOSS, managing your UC environment becomes as easy as 1,2,3
- Enterprise solution video
- One size does not fit all. Get a perfect fit for your UC with VOSS
- Solution video
- It’s not a dream! Efficient, automated and accurate UC migrations
NEW! Learn more about VOSS with our new product demo videos
- VOSS M2UC Overview VOSS-4-UC Provisioning & Management with a Single Pane of Glass VOSS-4-UC ServiceNow Integration Contact Center Management VOSSBot VOSS-4-UC and Cisco Hybrid Spark VOSS-4-UC Overbuild Move Tool VOSS-4-UC GUI Overview VOSS-4-UC Modifying a User with Quick Add Subscriber
Cisco has announced the end of life for CUCDM
Start your transition to VOSS-4-UC todayFind out how
VOSS - The Only Vendor to Offer a Full UC Management Suite
VOSS is unique in integrating UC fulfillment, UC assurance, and UC accounting, across multiple UC vendors; all from a single, flexible web portal. Unified communications is inherently complex. With VOSS, your organization can overcome this complexity by managing all UC applications from multiple UC vendors, with a full suite of UC management capabilities. No other UC management vendor comes close to offering the depth of management that VOSS provides.Find out more about VOSS-4-UC
"As a Systems Integrator, it’s our job to provide high quality and cost-effective leading edge UCaaS packages to our customers. VOSS enables Axians to provide a highly automated and flexible UC management framework that allows us to respond to our customers' requirements quickly and efficiently." Read more
Tom Greeve, Director at Axians
"VOSS is perfectly placed to support BT, as it is unique in its ability to manage the entire lifecycle of a UC platform, which has enabled BT to manage an ever-expanding and complex network of multi-national enterprise customers, from a single point of control." Read more
John Blake, Head of Hosted IP Telephony – Evolution, BT Global Services
"It was simply a matter of deploying the VOSS software – then the magic happens" Read more
Jeremy Pestana, GCN Project Manager, Western Australia Government
"We are excited to partner with VOSS Solutions to benefit from a direct relationship with our UC management provider, allowing us to operate an agile cloud communications platform. Overall, VOSS-4-UC empowers b+s and our partners to create dynamic Cisco HCS solution packages." Read more
Ralph Müller, Sales & Business Development Cloud, Bucher + Suter
"VOSS gives du a meaningful competitive edge, to introduce new collaboration services seamlessly, removing deployment blockers, improving customer satisfaction and maximizing revenues." Read more
Farid Faraidooni, EVP Commercial, du
"We provide state of the art technology to help businesses access top-tier collaboration software of the quality and capability they deserve. Therefore, we wanted to be sure we were selecting the very best UC management technology for our new Shared Architecture solution. We were most impressed with the latest version of VOSS-4-UC, together with the VOSS team’s deep technical know-how of latest HCS thinking." Read more
Mark Phelps, Collaboration Product Manager, Node4
"The VOSS/Cisco platform completely changes our enterprise telephony business model. Not only can we offer customers a much richer, more flexible service, with a lower cost of ownership, but it allows us to easily upgrade existing customers with new collaboration services." Read more
Mr Mohammed M Al-Haifi, Ooredoo
KCOM selected VOSS to provide integrated contact center management and UC management, from a single web-based portal. "The innovations from VOSS allow us to pass on flexibility, accuracy and speed to our customers' agents and reduce effort required by their customers and long may it continue." Read more
Stu Smith, Head of Innovation and Development, KCOM
"VOSS is awesome. We use VOSS / CUCDM and it really makes multi-tenant UC easier."
Ryan Burtch, Cameo Solutions
"VOSS allows us to cost-effectively manage and administer our customers, no matter how complex. By allowing our customers to do their own administration—Moves, Adds and Changes—we free up our voice experts to concentrate on more complex tasks." Read more
Mark Hayward, Vice President of Operations and IS Deployment, FlexITy
Latest from VOSS
- VOSS Blog
Dan Payne, CTO, VOSS Solutions
I’m quite excited to officially announce the release of VOSS-4-UC’s brand new end-user self service portal for Avaya. In February this year, we launched our VOSS for Avaya solution and took the opportunity to showcase our capabilities at the Avaya Engage conference in Phoenix. We were extremely pleased with the interest and positive reactions we got from folks visiting our booth. Clearly, there is a need in the market for simplified administration and management of the diverse set of Avaya services and applications. Our VOSS for Avaya solution is certainly addressing this need - read more about my take on the Avaya Engage conference, here.
One thing that was a common request for us however, was to provide end-users with a portal to take control of their Avaya UC life. We went back to the drawing board and designed a portal that is so simple to use, that users require zero training and actually enjoy using. Plus, we’re solving some real problems here. Whether you’re an Avaya hosted service provider, managed service provider, or an enterprise, this new portal:
- Provides end-users with the autonomy to make their own changes (MACDs) safely
- Removes customer/user frustration and reduces the turnaround time for basic change requests like voice mailbox pin resets
- Saves costs for the service provider or IT team manager by shifting the easy work off to the end-user
- Brings a competitive edge to the service provider bidding for new customer deals
The self service portal doesn’t try to overcomplicate things; instead, it brings a fresh, intuitive interface any user can understand. After logging in, the user is presented with a simple dashboard with a set of actions. These actions are controlled by the administrator through flexible role-based-access-control profiles. The user also only sees actions that are relevant to them, for example, they will only see an option to reset their voice mailbox pin if they actually have voicemail configured.
The full set of actions currently supported are:
- Update personal info
- Enable/disable extension to cellular (EC500)
- Reset phone login
- Update phone security code
- Update phone speed dIals
- Release/busyout endpoint
- Reset conferencing password and moderator pin
- Update conferencing settings
- Reset voice mailbox pin and web portal password
- Update voice mailbox settings
- Reset contact center agent pin
The user can view details of their profile and provisioned Avaya UC services. This is a read-only view of their account details and service configuration settings. The portal also supports LDAP and SSO authentication, making life even easier for users as they don’t have to worry about remembering yet another set of credentials.
Administrators can choose to configure custom links to additional resources or portals right from within the Self Service portal.
Finally, the portal can be fully themed and can be customized to match your organization’s branding colors and logo.
If you’d like to learn more, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
- VOSS Blog
Tom Turrington, Migration Team Lead, VOSS
Here at VOSS we developed our UC management platform, VOSS-4-UC, to handle the many complexities of Unified Communications (UC), and to provide a “single pane of glass” to the many systems and services that are involved.
The latest development has been to extend our support of Avaya Aura’s suite of communication products, and provide a straightforward interface to administer them seamlessly. In parallel, we have added the capability to our powerful migration tool - M2UC - to migrate to Avaya Aura.
In this development we have stayed with our tried and tested DETVL (Discover, Extract, Transform, Validate & Load) methodology and offer the same robust repeatable actions as when migrating to any other supported system.
The same powerful mapping engine can be used to import virtually any data and assign data to the desired target system - in this case Avaya Aura - so anyone with experience of using M2UC will immediately be able to utilise the latest capabilities.
As with other migration targets we have the same streamlined processes available to utilise templates for ease and speed of migration and consistency with minimal complexity. Alternatively, if your primary concern is to capture every last detail from a legacy system and map, as far as possible, to a new Avaya platform, we support setting and updating all fields directly on everything from subscribers to stations, using rules to make mass-changes consistently with no risk of human error.
Cost savings can potentially be realised, as rather than preparing data in different formats and using different interfaces to provision the various Avaya communication systems - including System Manager, Communication Manager, EC500 etc. - M2UC provides a single interface from which to import, transform and provision data.
Avaya Aura is the latest in a long line of many varied communication systems that VOSS has developed a deep understanding of, and this has provided us with the knowledge and experience required to perform successful migrations between them.
If you are thinking of moving to Avaya Aura but have been put off by either the various systems involved or have concerns on how to migrate your data from a legacy system to Avaya Aura, why not see if VOSS can help?
- VOSS Blog
Adam Furman, Sales Engineer, and Maretha Lindeque, Customer Success Service Manager, VOSS
With the upcoming changes coming to Microsoft Active Directory in March, we figured we would take some time to write this blog post to provide some information about what you need to do to ensure your VOSS-4-UC installation continues to communicate with Active Directory. These changes can be made prior to when Microsoft enforces secure connections to Active Directory. The changes are mandatory, so we would recommend planning ahead of time for this so no outages are caused when it goes into effect. The changes are only needed if you aren’t already communicating with LDAP over secure LDAP.
The reason that Microsoft is implementing these changes is to make sure that any remote connections to Active Directory are secure so none of your data is exposed to people that might want to do harm. More information can be found, here.
Before making any changes to VOSS-4-UC, make sure that VOSS-4-UC and your Cisco UC applications have access to the ports that Secure LDAP runs on. The following ports should be validated on your firewalls and even your customers’ firewall:
636 or 3269
You also need to decide if you want to use certificate validation between Microsoft Active Directory and VOSS-4-UC. If you choose certificate validation, you need to collect the LDAP Server Certificate(s) from the Microsoft Active Directory environment so you can upload them into VOSS-4-UC to make sure you can communicate with Active Directory
The following changes need to be made inside of VOSS-4-UC so you can communicate with Active Directory.
If you use the certificate validation option, start at step 1 and follow the additional certificate validation steps in step 2.
Import the certificate into VOSS-4-UC by following these steps:
- Log into the GUI as a provider admin, and change the breadcrumb to the level where the LDAP server is
- Go to File management (in the default menus this is under Administration Tools)
- Add and browse to the certificate, provide a description and save
- Once the certificate has been added it should look like the screenshot below:
Now, to update the LDAP server port, go to the LDAP Server under LDAP Management, and update the following:
- In the main section update the port
- In the Connection Security section set the Encryption method
- In the certificate validation section you can select “Trust All”, which will establish LDAP connections without a certificate
- If you want to connect using certificate validation, un-check the “Trust All” option and in the “Server Root Certificate” drop down select the certificate which was imported in step 1
- Save and monitor the transaction for any errors
- Ensure that the LDAP sync configuration has been updated successfully
- Run a full LDAP sync
For future reference, here is a link to Cisco Field Notice on the changes that are needed on Cisco Unified Communication Manager (CUCM) and Cisco Unity Connection.
For more information on VOSS-4-UC and Microsoft Active Directory, please contact us.
- VOSS Blog
Tom Turrington, Migration Team Lead, VOSS
Anyone that has been involved in UC migrations knows that it is naturally complex - from discovery to provisioning. Here at VOSS we have, over the years, built our migration toolset (M2UC) and developed a robust strategy to deal with every migration. Based on the data warehouse concept of ETL (Extract, Transform & Load) we have extended the UC migration process to become DETVL (Discover Extract, Transform, Validate & Load).
However, whilst we can normalise a migration, the complexities inherent in each stage remain. M2UC brings massive amounts of power and capabilities to migrations and we are always looking at ways to streamline the process. This is a difficult balance between not limiting the available operations while reducing the number of actions required and automating tasks as much as possible.
To this end, we have developed the concept of Workflows.
Workflows neither remove nor limit any of the power of M2UC but allow the automation of tasks. Operations can be chained together to create powerful sequences of events and actions can even be set to run in parallel.
In addition to the ability to run all major operations via the Workflow GUI, at any time it is possible to do a “deeper dive” into the data, adjusting Rules and information as required. As soon as new Sources/Targets/Data-sets/Batches/Rules are developed they become available for use in the Workflows.
All of this is achieved through an intuitive GUI, with the ability to drag and drop actions into placeholders. Workflows can be named, saved and re-run as often as required and can consist of a few operations (eg provisioning users, phones and lines and associating them together in a set order) to completing an entire migration.
All actions undertaken via Workflows are logged in the usual way, with the initiating operator and the result of each action recorded. Workflows are linked to Projects and are backed up as part of the Project backup functionality.
Look out for a video demonstrating this new functionality shortly - an entire migration from one click! For further information please contact us.
What industry experts say about VOSS
"So, please, please go look at a BCOM system, such as VOSS-4-UC, so that you get your money’s worth out of the highly communication-dependent users in your company, while also assuring you are managing the TCO of your communications technologies. It will be worth your time and investment. "
Marty Parker, UC Strategies
"For those who are looking for a single pane of glass to manage a multi vendor collaboration environment, VOSS does as good a job as I've seen so far."
Zeus Kerravala, ZK Research
"[For a collaboration deployment]... one of the biggest keys to success is having the right management and administrative tools in place from Day-0."
Robin Gareiss, EVP Nemertes Research
"…unless automated OSS tools and processes are deployed, cloud-based collaboration will not be successful."
Dan O'Connell, Research Director, Gartner
"Anyone with cloud problems should perhaps turn to VOSS Solutions, which took home the award for its cloud fulfillment platform."
Mary Lenighan, Total Telecom
"Reducing operational time only becomes possible with user profiling and the automation of configuring those profiles. This should be a priority for organizations."
Marty Parker, UniComm Consulting
"A large number of customers are migrating to Skype for Business, but retaining their existing voice infrastructure...the tools that VOSS provide are essential to a successful technology transition and user migration."
Kevin Kieller, EnableUC
"VOSS enables staff to move beyond the challenges of operations to focus on enablement and adoption, while avoiding errors and delays that reduce both user satisfaction and adoption."
Blair Pleasant, Principal Analyst at CommFusion
Find out how much you could save with VOSS - Put our ROI calculator to the test!Get started