At VOSS we provide our customers with single pane of glass management for Cisco and Microsoft UC services – on-premise, cloud, hybrid
- About VOSS
- VOSS delivers greater TCO savings than any other BCOM vendor Read more
- Service provider
- Delivering value to 80% of the world’s tier-1 telecoms service providersRead more
- Enterprise / Government
- Applying our management experience to large and medium organizations Read more
- New to UC
- Are you new to VOSS? Find out more about the VOSS differenceRead more
VOSS Ranked #1 UC Operational Management Vendor
Independent UC analyst firm, Nemertes Research, confirms that VOSS consistently delivers the lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) for enterprise communications
- Organizations that choose VOSS spend 19% less on their UC implementation costs, compared to organizations that use competing vendors
- Organizations that choose VOSS spend 7% less per year on UC operating costs, compared to organizations using competing vendors
Download the report to find out more
- Read our latest blog post: Exciting Development for VOSS MiGR8-2-UC: Day-2 Support Functions… https://t.co/LX2VvxiRiJ
- RT @patrichard: New blog post: UC Inside Track: Episode 2: Skype for Business vs Teams, and Assessing Your Network https://t.co/IV5KBxzSaE
- RT @patrichard: Bringing in another heavy hitter for the next #UCInsideTrack episode. None other than @matthewlandis to talk #skype4b and #…
- Something for the weekend? Delighted that @PatRichard's 2nd podcast is now available. For more about this episode… https://t.co/qVs1DxPtvr
- Thinking about attending Enterprise Connect in March? Get a $500 discount with VOSS on "Entire Event" or "Tue–Thu"… https://t.co/CJoBXGucPu
- VOSS is recruiting! - Technical Trainer (UK) - Solutions Implementation Engineer (UK) - Sales Manager, Enterpris… https://t.co/AyPs83pNeE
- Today's the day! Tune in at 11am New York to hear from our stellar speakers @Thatsmartini and @patrichard Turning… https://t.co/45YDFXPFOk
- 2017 Predictions – VOSS Hits It Out of the Park Read how well we predicted 2017! https://t.co/DQFTILuaHi #BCOM #UCC #UCOMS
- Last chance to register! Webinar tomorrow Turning Complex UC Migrations into a Positive Experience Tuesday, Dec 1… https://t.co/02XX77k9Wa
- Sign up before the weekend to our #MicrosoftUC webinar - Turning Complex UC Migrations into a Positive Experience… https://t.co/ogsJbQal9f
- VOSS-4-UC product video
- With VOSS, managing your UC environment becomes as easy as 1,2,3
- Enterprise solution video
- One size does not fit all. Get a perfect fit for your UC with VOSS
- Solution video
- It’s not a dream! Efficient, automated and accurate UC migrations
NEW! Learn more about VOSS with our new product demo videos
- Contact Center Management Legacy PBX Migration VOSSBot VOSS-4-UC and Cisco Hybrid Spark VOSS-4-UC Provisioning & Management with a Single Pane of Glass VOSS-4-UC Overbuild Move Tool VOSS-4-UC GUI Overview VOSS-4-UC Modifying a User with Quick Add Subscriber VOSS-4-UC Modifying Users with Subscriber Relations
There’s a transformation of the workplace – how can we help you?
The transformation in the workplace is reshaping enterprise communications, and organizations need to adapt to provide secure access to the latest corporate systems, and cloud collaboration tools, from any device or location. VOSS absorbs this complexity, enabling organizations to easily - yet securely - deliver the latest generation of collaboration tools and services to multiple devices per end user. At VOSS, we ensure that collaboration tools are delivered faster, easier, and more consistently. We also make sure that your communications environment is future-proofed for the next wave of workplace tools and end user devices, as and when they hit the market.Find out more about VOSS-4-UC
VOSS is perfectly placed to support BT, as it is unique in its ability to manage the entire lifecycle of a UC platform, which has enabled BT to manage an ever-expanding and complex network of multi-national enterprise customers, from a single point of control.Read more
John Blake, Head of Hosted IP Telephony – Evolution, BT Global Services
Implementing VOSS has allowed us to reduce the install time for new customers by over 50%. Now we can let our IP Telephony Engineers be engineers and they can focus on more complex tasks like customer-specific call flows. Read more
NOC Operator, CDK
We did a major migration from old CUCM cluster to the new HCS solution. The migration process using CUCDM/VOSS was a great success.Read more
Systems Engineer, CSC
VOSS gives du a meaningful competitive edge, to introduce new collaboration services seamlessly, removing deployment blockers, improving customer satisfaction and maximizing revenues.Read more
Farid Faraidooni, EVP Commercial, du
The VOSS/Cisco platform completely changes our enterprise telephony business model. Not only can we offer customers a much richer, more flexible service, with a lower cost of ownership, but it allows us to easily upgrade existing customers with new collaboration services. Read more
Mr Mohammed M Al-Haifi, Ooredoo
VOSS has equipped us with the necessary tools to provide multiple business customers a range of next generation UC&C services and applications, no matter how complex their requirements.Read more
Gatis Jāzeps, Solutions Sales Consultant, Lattelecom
With VOSS, NWN can turn-up customers quickly and manage them efficiently once in-service, and with the secure management portal NWN can empower our customers who wish to manage certain aspects of their service directly.Read more
Tim Salapek, Director-Hosted Collaboration Services, NWN
VOSS is awesome. We use VOSS / CUCDM and it really makes multi-tenant UC easier. Read more
Ryan Burtch, Cameo Solutions
VOSS allows us to cost-effectively manage and administer our customers, no matter how complex. By allowing our customers to do their own administration—Moves, Adds and Changes—we free up our voice experts to concentrate on more complex tasks.Read more
Mark Hayward, Vice President of Operations and IS Deployment
Latest from VOSS
- VOSS Blog
Henry Barton, VP Strategy, VOSS Solutions
Over the last few year, many VOSS customers have benefited from the power of MiGR8-2-UC; our highly sophisticated product that is designed to carry out big data UC migration projects. In that time, we have run millions of automated provisioning transactions, moving users, phones, soft-clients, and associated services from legacy environments to state of the art UC platforms.
As with all things, these migration projects are getting increasingly sophisticated, as our customers challenge us with new problems to overcome, and as we strive to make UC environments work better, smarter, and more efficiently as a result of the migration project.
One such example is some recent work that we have undertaken to develop capabilities to extract data from VOSS-4-UC, make mass changes, and then load the changes in bulk; all using VOSS-4-UC APIs. This has huge potential for a large range of mass Day-2 Support tasks, and opens a new chapter for MiGR8-2-UC.
As an example, last week, we used the MiGR8-2-UC Day-2 Support tool to recalculate and load Entitlements for the one of our service provider's customers. This went so smoothly, that the service provider has requested a recalculation for all its other customers on the VOSS-4-UC platform. Getting Entitlements calculated correctly is a key component for accurate billing, so this is a major breakthrough for our service provider customers.
MiGR8-2-UC Day-2 Support Functions are being developed to address a wide range of requirements, including:
- Entitlement profile calculation and re-provisioning
- Dial plan switching support, with mass update of line, phone, device profile and associated settings
- Updating of data/INI tables with E164 settings and usage and description fields, plus checking of used and available fields
- Loading of primary-line settings onto CUCM users
- Management of ‘orphaned’ phones and gateway end-points, via addition of associated users or removal of ‘orphaned’ phones.
- Management of ‘orphaned’ voicemail accounts
- Validation of subscriber service settings versus best-practice
- Updating of subscriber service settings to best-practice:
- Phone line label, phone display name, phone E164 mask, phone description
- Line Alerting name, line description
- Voicemail time zones and languages
- Conversion of local users into LDAP users
- Updating of user data fields with new or corrected data
- Merging and splitting sites
- Mass migration of subscriber and services from one cluster to another
To find out more about MiGR8-2-UC Day-2 Support Functions, please contact us.
- VOSS Blog
Christopher May, VP, VOSS Solutions
Every year, for fun, the team at VOSS puts our collective heads together to compile a number of industry predictions for the year ahead.
We're currently working on our predictions for 2018, but we thought it would be interesting to communicate how well our 2017 predictions turned out:
- Advances in artificial intelligence and deep learning – 1/1
VOSS predicted that 2017 would be the year that the value of AI would hit the communications industry, and there's no question that the communications industry has moved strongly towards AI and big data. NoJitter published 92 blog posts on AI this year, and we are seeing AI and deep learning start to impact every area of enterprise communications and collaboration. Even Cisco joined the list of companies promoting AI with their announcement for their Spark AI-powered voice assistant. Of course, VOSS is also investing heavily in AI and big data analytics.
- UC mergers and acquisitions – 2/2
At the end of 2016, VOSS said "Watch out for an interesting spate of M&A activity as the larger vendors strive to maintain their industry leading position by snapping up some of this cool tech!". And we were proved right when Cisco announced their bid for Broadsoft in October. This, of course, will be a major rationalization of the UCaaS industry, with Cisco controlling 50% of the cloud communications market. Expect further UCaaS and UC market consolidation in 2018.
- The acceptance of cloud communications – 3/3
2016 saw wide scale adoption by the SME market of the UCaaS model, and we predicted that 2017 would be the year in which more and more of the larger enterprises started to consume their communications and collaboration tools from the cloud. Again, this was validated by NoJitter in the 2017 Cloud Communications Survey. In fact, 75% of responders with 1,000+ employees anticipate bringing more communications services into their current cloud mixes within the next 12 months. VOSS continues to lead the cloud communications management space and with the continued adoption of cloud from larger, more sophisticated enterprises in 2018, so too will demand for VOSS' management agility continue to grow.
- The decline of independent mobility applications - 4/4
2017 saw the introduction of Apple's CallKit feature for the iPhone. This allows mobility applications to be fully integrated with the smart-phone's operating system and regular phone calling features (such as call waiting and messaging). Not long after the CallKit release, Android released their ConnectionService feature to match the Apple initiative. All the major UC vendors have subsequently released mobility applications that now integrate with the smart-device operating systems. Of course, VOSS provides UC management for smart devices, with full provisioning of the new mobility applications.
- UC security – 5/5
UC Security, as predicted by VOSS, has taken on a much more significant role in the cloud communications market. Several UCaaS vendors have released MPLS network solutions for connectivity, rather than delivering a service over the internet. And, the rise of software-defined WAN technology is also a major leap forward in communications security. At VOSS, we are very focused on constantly improving the security of our management platform and its connectivity to a company's network. Expect this focus to continue in 2018.
- Deeper UC integration – 6/6
2017 saw a significant shift in the enterprise communications industry towards digital transformations based on the adoption of advanced unified communications. Organizations now understand that they need to focus on improving their operational and customer processes, and one of the best ways to achieve this is through the improvement of communications. If people are able to find subject matter experts more quickly, then better decisions can be made in a more timely manner. VOSS continues to be at the heart of this digital transformation revolution, offering both a single point of integration for the entire enterprise communications stack, plus readily programmable business intelligence to aid in the delivery of UC to the right people at the right time.
- The desire for best of breed UC – 7/7
In 2017, we did indeed see more and more enterprise and cloud providers breaking their loyalty to a single UC vendor, as they now choose to build their cloud UC offerings based on best of breed solutions. Cloud providers are starting to switch UC vendors more frequently, as the desire for market differentiation and competitive edge increases. And, enterprise organizations are adopting hybrid environments, as well as multi-vendor solutions. As predicted by VOSS, this is resulting in a huge spike in the complexity of hybrid cloud UC environments and a requirement to manage these many disparate elements from a single point of control. VOSS, of course, is well equipped to manage these best-of-breed and hybrid environments.
- UC Management as a Service – 7/8
Our final prediction was probably a little ambitious. We were hoping to see "as a service" models for UC management continue to grow in popularity, and enterprises would start to consume UC management from the cloud, rather than a traditional on-premise solution. MaaS has definitely grown significantly in the ITMS industry with companies like ServiceNow growing at an exponential rate, but MaaS has yet to take off in the UC industry; possibly because of the high growth rates in UCaaS (where management plays such a critical role). At VOSS, we still think that the UC MaaS model will appeal to enterprises, driven by the promise of low-risk adoption and quick deployment, so maybe this will take off in 2018.
We are very proud of the 87% success-rate of our 2017 predictions. It is a testament to just how in-touch we are with the trends in the UC market. It is not surprising that we are all looking forward to repeating our success in the 2018 market predictions!
We'll be back in touch with our 2018 predictions later in December. In the meantime, please feel free to contact us to find out more about VOSS.
- Advances in artificial intelligence and deep learning – 1/1
- VOSS Press Coverage
VOSS Solutions reported on the progress of the company's H.O.M.E. (HCS Open Management Evolution) program; an initiative that supports HCS partners as they transition from CUCDM (Cisco Unified Communications Domain Manager) to the more feature-rich VOSS-4-UC solution from VOSS.
What industry experts say about VOSS
"So, please, please go look at a BCOM system, such as VOSS-4-UC, so that you get your money’s worth out of the highly communication-dependent users in your company, while also assuring you are managing the TCO of your communications technologies. It will be worth your time and investment. "
Marty Parker, UC Strategies
"For those who are looking for a single pane of glass to manage a multi vendor collaboration environment, VOSS does as good a job as I've seen so far."
Zeus Kerravala, ZK Research
"[For a collaboration deployment]... one of the biggest keys to success is having the right management and administrative tools in place from Day-0."
Robin Gareiss, EVP Nemertes Research
"…unless automated OSS tools and processes are deployed, cloud-based collaboration will not be successful."
Dan O'Connell, Research Director, Gartner
"Anyone with cloud problems should perhaps turn to VOSS Solutions, which took home the award for its cloud fulfillment platform."
Mary Lenighan, Total Telecom
"Reducing operational time only becomes possible with user profiling and the automation of configuring those profiles. This should be a priority for organizations."
Marty Parker, UniComm Consulting
"A large number of customers are migrating to Skype for Business, but retaining their existing voice infrastructure...the tools that VOSS provide are essential to a successful technology transition and user migration."
Kevin Kieller, EnableUC
"VOSS enables staff to move beyond the challenges of operations to focus on enablement and adoption, while avoiding errors and delays that reduce both user satisfaction and adoption."
Blair Pleasant, Principal Analyst at CommFusion
Mailing list signup
Sign up to our mailing list to stay in touch with all the latest news from VOSS Solutions
Find out how much you could save with VOSS - Put our ROI calculator to the test!Get started