As the No 2 telco in Dubai and with 2000 employees, du offers business and residential voice, data, mobile and IPTV services. For business voice it has a captive market within Dubai Internet City as well as a large number of new markets driven by the Dubai construction boom. du currently has approximately 4,000 customers and manages 30,000 phones on three legacy CallManager v3.3 clusters - the largest manually configured multi-tenant Cisco deployment in the world. This business model of multiple customers became increasingly hard to manage:
- Scaling issues with old platform
- No way of upgrading customer to CallManager 5
- Limited service offering
- Slow, error-prone and complicated customer service
Cisco and VOSS were selected to migrate the clients platform to a HUCS multi-tenant voice architecture. VOSS introduced du to a shared building function allowing the optimization of dial plan management.
The solution includes four CallManager 5 clusters and supports Movius voicemail, unified messaging, auto attendant services, IP Unity and Netwise switchboard console services.
VOSS has broken through the scale and collaboration service barriers that were major issue faced by du
- VOSS provides a fully managed, well-tested service
- VOSS enables devolved administration to end users, providing a scalable solution to the client's issue of managing multiple small customers
- VOSS empowers greater control of the architecture management
- VOSS allows new customers to be added quickly, enabling the business to scale
- VOSS continues to support migration efforts
Testimonial from du
"du has a much valued relationship with Cisco and supports VOSS in its mission to be the leading provider of collaboration fulfillment management technology. VOSS gives du a meaningful competitive edge, to introduce new collaboration services seamlessly, removing deployment blockers, improving customer satisfaction and maximizing revenues."
Farid Faraidooni, EVP Commercial, du