Product Manager, UK / US
About the company
VOSS develops a range of products used by the world’s largest voice/calling service providers and enterprises. These market-leading tools are paired with professional services that help our customers achieve the most from their cloud calling and collaboration solutions. We operate in a very dynamic industry and leverage the latest technologies to keep our software at the forefront of the market.
VOSS is a global team with Cape Town, Dallas, London, and Sydney offices. VOSS customers include prominent global service providers, niche managed service providers and large enterprises. Read more about VOSS and what we do on our website.
Purpose of the position
VOSS Insights provides a comprehensive view into overall UC operational performance, monitoring well as advanced business metric analytics. It is a single view to monitor call quality, network health, application usage, and performance. The software can identify faults and automate corrective actions or view vendor-recommended actions. It provides a single view into details about users, devices, services, licenses, transactions and more. Insights sit in our overall product portfolio that also includes Provisioning Automation and Migration capabilities.
This senior-level, market-facing position is the Product Manager and subject matter expert for the VOSS Insights product line with a focus on driving the product strategy and success in the market. This includes targeting service providers, MSPs, System Integrators, and direct-to-enterprise prospects. It involves working closely with customers and partners on their business needs and ensuring our product capabilities and roadmap are aligned to deliver solutions to their business problems and maximize their investment in Collaboration technologies.
Duties and responsibilities
- Grow the Insights business through collaboration with sales, sales support, a wider product management team, marketing, engineering, other cross-functional teams, and partners.
- Engage with sales, and prospects (including existing customers), face-to-face, and remotely, providing pre-sales support, product demonstrations, and helping drive deals to closure.
- Identify business challenges facing our customers and the success of their solutions.
- Provide input when responding to RFIs, creating quotes, and finalizing deal details.
- Help marketing create and execute lead generation programs to support sales growth, and provide input for product promotions.
- Work with marketing to identify and participate in appropriate industry events.
- Help build broad organizational knowledge about our products, the key messaging, and capabilities.
- Create effective demo scripts and assist with setup and maintaining demo systems.
- Help drive the integration of our Insights and our Automate capabilities to create unique, value-add capabilities.
- Drive the product backlog and priorities to align with business requirements and value add capabilities.
- Ensure a clear definition of product requirements and the business value they deliver.
- Align backlog priorities with driving product review and customer success.
- Engage with key features through the delivery process to ensure great user experience and requirements/value is delivered.
- Engage with and help drive Proof of Concepts with the R&D team around innovation.
- Roadmap planning and delivery with communications to wider organization and customers.
- Engage with technology vendors/partners to help manage relationships and ensure alignment on product directions and value add.
- Occasionally deliver product training or knowledge workshops to customers and partners.
- Available for occasional early morning or late night meetings with customers, prospects and stakeholders around the world.
Technical skills and experience
- 5+ years of software product management experience with a proven track record of delivering business value.
- Customer success driven with great customer engagement skills.
- Experience with backlog management tools and processes – Jira.
- Experience in the monitoring/performance management product space OR Operational experience of managing a platform and using performance/monitoring tools.
- Knowledgeable of the operational and quality challenges as well as the key business metrics related to Unified Communication Platforms such as Cisco, Microsoft, Avaya and others.
- Hands-on experience in Network/Operational Assurance and Analytics technologies such as IR Prognosis, Nectar, Solar Winds, Splunk and others. Including experience deploying these types of solutions especially related to UC environments.
- Knowledge of artificial intelligence and machine learning is helpful.
- Knowledge of monitoring and analytics for Contact Center environments is helpful.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent years of professional experience.
- Experience implementing and/or operating network assurance/AIOps products (especially in voice networks).
- Strong market and business acumen to focus on finding and delivering on the right actions to drive revenue growth.
- Background in managing product backlogs, evaluating priorities, and determining the value or feature delivery.
- Exceptional ability to communicate with a diverse set of stakeholders ranging from customers and channel partners to internal Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and Operations staff.
- Skilled in technical communication, planning and preparation of written material.
- Must hold current valid driver’s license and passport.
- You must have the legal right to work in the UK/USA.