Product Owner, Dallas, US
About the company
VOSS develops a range of products that are used by the world’s largest communications service providers and enterprises. These market-leading tools are paired with professional services to help our customers achieve the most from their digital workplace platform. We operate in a very dynamic industry and leverage the latest technologies to keep our software at the forefront of the market.
VOSS is a global team with offices in Cape Town, Dallas, London, and Sydney. Our engineers are encouraged to travel and work directly with our customers to gain real-world experience. Read more about VOSS and what we do, on our website.
Purpose of the position
The VOSS Engineering team is predominantly based in Cape Town and Dallas and is responsible for the design, development and go-to-market of the VOSS product suite. We use an agile process to deliver quality software to our customers. We are faced with challenging problems regularly, so problem-solving skills are a must. Automation forms a key part of VOSS’s strategy to deliver high-quality software in a fast-paced market.
As a Product Owner, you will be responsible for overseeing the development of the VOSS product suite (VOSS Automate focus) from start to finish to ensure they meet the customer and end user’s needs and preferences.
Duties and responsibilities
- Collaborating with users and customers to understand and anticipate their needs and translate them into product requirements.
- Collaborating with Product Management and other stakeholders to prioritize the product backlog.
- Managing product backlog items and prioritizing them based on changing requirements.
- Overseeing all stages of product development including requirements gathering, design, development, testing and go to market.
- Developing quality user stories and updating these as development progresses.
- Monitoring and evaluating progress at each stage of the development process.
- Participating in daily standups and other team meetings.
- Assist with leading the development process.
- Acting as the main point of contact between teams and stakeholders.
- Assisting the development team to meet the objectives of each deliverable.
- Running demos as development progresses as well as final demos to all relevant stakeholders.
- Assisting marketing and documentation teams with content.
- Identifying areas of improvement.
- Keeping customers and stakeholders informed of the status of the product.
- Enable customers and VOSS service organization by actively engaging on IM client channels (Zoom, Webex Teams, and Microsoft Teams etc.)
Technical skills and experience
- At least 5 years experience working as a product owner.
- In-depth knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Motivated, self-starter
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure.
- Completed relevant courses.
- Must hold current valid driver’s license and passport.
- You must have the legal right to work in the USA.