Service Engineer, APAC
About the company
VOSS develops a range of products that are used by the world’s largest communications service providers and enterprises. These market-leading tools are paired with professional services to help our customers achieve the most from their digital workplace platform. We operate in a very dynamic industry and leverage the latest technologies to keep our software at the forefront of the market.
VOSS is a global team with offices in Cape Town, Dallas, London, and Sydney. Our engineers are encouraged to travel and work directly with our customers to gain real-world experience. Read more about VOSS and what we do, on our website.
Purpose of the position
General Summary: VOSS has identified the need for a service-orientated, ‘post-delivery’ solution-level team that engages directly with our Partners, ensuring our Partner’s success throughout the lifecycle of their solution. Due to this demand, VOSS requires the services of a Customer focussed Service Engineer to join the Customer-centric Technical Services team. The focus will be on positive Partner engagement with an overall objective of exposing new commercial opportunities within the Partner’s environment, as well as excellent customer satisfaction scores.
Duties and responsibilities
- Investigation, identification and resolution of technical issues assigned to you.
- Remain overall technical ownership and point of escalation for all incidents being reported by Partners, ensuring a timeous expedition and resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- Strengthening relationships with Service Managers, Account Managers and GS – providing insights into Partner problem statements, possible solutions and commercial opportunities related to such problems.
- Establishing, developing and maintaining technical relationships with Partners within your region, with a focus on generating new business for the organization’s products/services.
- Undertaking calls and in-person visits.
- Identifying key stakeholders, decision-makers and influencers in the target customer and build relationships with these individuals.
- Building strong internal relationships in VOSS with the Product Management, Global Professional Services and Engineering teams to secure the ongoing internal support required to deliver the proposed solutions successfully.
- We provide 24×7 support to our customers around the world. The role requires you to have the ability to form part of the rotational standby roster and provide the necessary customer support when required.
- From time to time there may be a requirement to work outside of or in addition to the ordinary hours of work in order to meet the Company’s business and operational needs.
Technical skills and experience
- Must possess at least 5 years experience in Technical Service Delivery within an Application Support environment, preferably within Large Enterprises and Service Providers.
- Proven track record of excellent service delivery and Customer Satisfaction within a technical environment.
- Proven track record of building solid technical relationships, within internal teams as well as within Partners.
- Demonstrated ability to create and build technical relationships within the Unified Communications space.
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving; ability to determine solutions for customers. The successful candidate will be able to deftly combine a consultative approach with the service-orientated, value-add support model. A clear understanding of these two concepts is required.
- Must be results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Key Technical Skills:
- Development skills including Python, SQL, MongoDB, Bash, Shell, Linux, Rest API.
- Strong technical troubleshooting approach.
- Experience and background in the Unified Communications space required.
- Specifically, the candidate must be able to demonstrate successful customer-centric service delivery within a global environment.
- Possession of a post-secondary degree in a relevant IT field.
- Must hold current valid driver’s license and passport.
- Up to 50% travel.