Automation Engineer Cape Town, South AfricaApply
VOSS develops a range of products that are used by the world’s largest voice/calling service providers. These market leading tools are paired with professional services which help our customers achieve the most from their cloud calling and collaboration solutions. We operate in a very dynamic industry and leverage the latest technologies to keep our software at the forefront of the market.
VOSS is a global team with offices in Cape Town, Dallas, London and Sydney. Our engineers are encouraged to travel and work directly with our customers to gain real world experience.
Read more about VOSS and what it is that we do on our website www.voss-solutions.com.
Purpose of the position
The VOSS Engineering team is based in Cape Town and is responsible for the design, development and go-to market of the various software products. We work in a very agile process using Kanban to manage the flow of work. We are faced with challenging problems on a regular basis, so problem solving skills are a must. Automation forms a key part of VOSS’s strategy to deliver high quality software in a fast paced market. The CI Automation Engineer role supports product development and delivery by implementing and maintaining automation using modern continuous integration and automated testing approaches.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ownership of all automation tests, scripts, builds and pipelines. A key measure of success is the successful execution of these.
- Ownership of all automation frameworks and artefacts.
- Responsible for detailed and summarised reporting of all automation processes and builds.
- Required to implement effective manual test strategies where automation is not possible.
- Design automation tests to maximise defect identification.
- Identifying and logging defects.
- Participating in an Agile development process as projects require.
- Collaborating with the team to continually improve the product and delivery processes.
- Create automated tests and contribute towards a sophisticated continuous integration system.
- Quality focus throughout the delivery cycle.
- Enable customers and VOSS service organization by actively engaging on IM client channels (Skype, Webex Teams, and Microsoft Teams etc.)
Technical skills and experience
- At least 2 years of experience working with modern continuous integration and automated testing practices.
- At least 2 years of experience doing basic development.
- Must be willing to work across the full product stack i.e. platform, database, application, GUI portal and any template language that might be required.
- Required skills:
- Linux admin and Bash scripting
- REST API Integration
- Preferred skills:
- Keen problem solving ability
- Motivated, self-starter
- Fast learner
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work across technology stacks
- Completed relevant programming / automation courses
Driving and travel requirements
- Must hold current valid driver’s license and passport
- Must be able to travel from time to time
- You must have the legal right to work in South Africa