Full Stack Engineer Cape Town, South AfricaApply
VOSS develops a range of products that are used by the world’s largest voice/calling service providers. These market leading tools are paired with professional services which help our customers achieve the most from their cloud calling and collaboration solutions. We operate in a very dynamic industry and leverage the latest technologies to keep our software at the forefront of the market.
VOSS is a global team with offices in Cape Town, Dallas, London and Sydney. Our engineers are encouraged to travel and work directly with our customers to gain real world experience.
Read more about VOSS and what it is that we do on our website www.voss-solutions.com.
Purpose of position
The majority of the VOSS Engineering team is based in Cape Town and is responsible for the design, development and go-to market of various software products. We work in an agile process using Kanban to manage the flow of work. We are faced with challenging problems on a regular basis, so problem solving skills are a must. We promote cross-skilling with the goal of building a team of multi-skill engineers. The purpose of this position is to function across various aspects of the software stack and be able to design and develop functionality that spans across the various components.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ownership and accountability of end-to-end life cycle for new and existing features.
- Work closely with the customer and the VOSS service organisation in understanding and delivering customer requirements. On occasion, this could include overseas travel.
- Participating in an agile development process as projects require.
- Collaborating in the team to continually improve the product and delivery processes.
- Create automated tests and contribute towards a sophisticated continuous integration system.
- Quality focus throughout the delivery cycle.
- Deliver demos throughout the development process to customers and internal VOSS stakeholders.
- Customer support, including after-hours support, for defect correction and consulting on service resolution.
- Enable customers and VOSS service organisation by actively engaging on IM client channels (Skype, Webex Teams, and Microsoft Teams etc.).
Technical skills and experience
- At least 4 years of software development experience.
- Must be willing to work across the full product stack i.e. platform (Ubuntu/Docker), database (MongoDB), application (Python/Django), front end portal (Angular/Typescript) and any template language that might be required.
- Required skills:
- Linux admin and Bash scripting
- REST API Integration
- Preferred skills:
- Experience with modern continuous integration and automated testing approaches is advantageous.
- Cloud computing experience is advantageous.
- Keen problem solving ability
- Motivated, self-starter
- Fast learner
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work across technology stacks
- Completed relevant programming courses
- A degree in Computer Science is preferred
Driving and travel requirements
- Must hold current valid driver’s license and passport
- Must be able to travel from time to time
- You must have the legal right to work in South Africa