UX Designer Cape Town, South AfricaApply
VOSS develops a range of products that are used by the world’s largest voice/calling service providers. These market leading tools are paired with professional services which help our customers achieve the most from their cloud calling and collaboration solutions. We operate in a very dynamic industry and leverage the latest technologies to keep our software at the forefront of the market.
VOSS is a global team with offices in Cape Town, Dallas, London and Sydney. Our engineers are encouraged to travel and work directly with our customers to gain real world experience.
Read more about VOSS and what it is that we do on our website www.voss-solutions.com.
Purpose of position
The VOSS user experience challenge is not for the faint hearted. Our flagship product is a large system with multiple interfaces that cater for many different personas. Our challenge is to craft beautiful and simple to use interfaces for complex user tasks. Our customers demand flexibility and adaptability from the system along with control over aspects like branding, role based access control, workflows and layout.
The role of User Experience designer at VOSS is to apply your passion for design and your talent for simplifying and distilling complex concepts into beautiful user interfaces. The UX Designer will own the vision and execution of our design language.
Duties and responsibilities
- Deliver a UX vision, along with a plan for evolutionary, iterative updates, to implement this vision.
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders inside and outside the company, and efficiently implement user experiences that are cohesive, adaptable and brandable.
- Advocate for users in a fast paced and complex business domain and imparting day-to-day design leadership to the rest of the Engineering team and wider company.
- Work with domain experts and software developers to deliver wire-frames and design mock-ups (low and high fidelity) of new features to be developed.
- Ability to make UI changes to the front end code is a plus.
Technical skills and experience
- 3-5 years of experience in UX Design.
- Portfolio of UX focused work samples for web and mobile applications.
- Exposure to complex systems with web portal frontends.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and customers.
- Angular (2+) experience is advantageous.
- Keen problem solving ability
- Motivated, self-starter
- Fast learner
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work across technology stacks
- Completed, relevant courses in UX Design.
Driving and travel requirements
- Must hold current valid driver’s license and passport
- Must be able to travel from time to time
- You must have the legal right to work in South Africa