Extending Support for Microsoft – True Multi-Vendor BCOM from VOSS
Henry Barton, VP Strategy, VOSS Solutions
Last week, VOSS announced extended support for Microsoft UC technology and applications; specifically Skype for Business, Exchange and simultaneous on premise and cloud-based Office 365.
The news was well received by the media and analyst community. In fact, in Zeus Kerravala’s blog post last week, he remarked; "Historically, doing any kind of UC management across vendors has been hard, if not impossible. VOSS-4-UC brings ‘end to end’ management across both [Cisco and Microsoft] leading UC solutions, enabling the IT department to spend more time doing strategic things, rather than spending hours managing disparate systems."
There are two immediate communities that I think will benefit from VOSS-4-UC’s increased scope. These are: Existing customers that use VOSS to manage their Cisco UC environment but would like to also manage their Microsoft UC environment from VOSS’ single pane of glass management platform; and secondly, new customers to VOSS who operate a Microsoft-only UC environment who are currently evaluating management tools to solve some of the complexities surrounding day-to-day UC administration.
Both of these communities will reap the rewards of improved fulfillment management as a result of engaging with VOSS, experiencing benefits such as:
- Reduced operational expenses with a centralized multi-vendor management solution
- Simplified day to day MACDs across vendors
- Standardized management with no need for specialized Cisco + Microsoft training
- Flexible work-flow automation, including powerful support for integration with third-party systems
- Reduced focus on technology management allowing more focus on user adoption and ensuring productivity benefits of your communication applications
- Advanced dial-plan and number management
- Integrated analytics and reporting
- Easy movement of users and services between Cisco and Microsoft platforms
Today is the opening day of Enterprise Connect and we will be demonstrating our Microsoft UC management capabilities on booth #1232.
I will also be participating in a panel session tomorrow, entitled "Third-party Management for Lync/Skype for Business", on Tuesday, March 8 at 8:00am. The discussion will focus on the need for management tools specifically designed to serve Lync/Skype for Business deployments. Read full session description.
To find our more, please do not hesitate to contact us, or stop by the booth to say hi!