Moving Away from Avaya? Consider VOSS
Mike Frayne, CEO, VOSS Solutions
There has been a lot of uncertainty in the market around the Avaya bankruptcy. Since the announcement, not a week has gone by without a company approaching VOSS for advice on migrating away from Avaya and onto a new UC environment.
At Enterprise Connect, VOSS is offering an exclusive promotion for visitors to the VOSS booth, #1232. Visitors that sign up for the VOSS Avaya promotion will receive a full migration assessment free of charge, and benefit from 20% off the cost of the migration project. The offer is valid for 6 months following Enterprise Connect.
With so much doubt around the future of Avaya UC, organizations are exploring alternatives. The main area of concern for those who wish to part company with Avaya is how to ensure a smooth (and zero-impact) transition to a new environment. VOSS has many years' experience in successfully carrying out huge UC data migrations for large enterprises around the world. And, we have migrated tens of thousands of Avaya endpoints to new UC environments.
How does VOSS carry out UC migrations?
Any migration project that is carried out by VOSS follows a comprehensive process to:
- Discover – User and device data is mined and analyzed from the Avaya platform. A data audit is produced to enable the optimization of the data extraction and design of the transformation process.
- Extract – Deep data extraction of user, device, and advanced IPT settings. Automated cleaning and normalization of the data.
- Transform – Intelligent data transformation and enrichment of the collected data, using advanced business logic to configure rich UC services on a fully customized basis.
- Validate – Web-based access to the data to authenticate it in real-time, ahead of loading. Data validation can be performed by end-customer site champions, through secure access control.
- Load – Automated, batch-based loading to the new UC network elements, ready for site cutover. Re-sync of originally extracted data can be performed prior to cutover to eliminate data currency issues.
This is a tried and tested methodology that ensures a successful UC migration.
Why choose VOSS?
The flexibility within VOSS MiGR8-2-UC gives customers peace of mind and meets their exact requirements. During a migration project with VOSS, not only will we follow the methodology described above, we will also provide some value-added services which ensure your new UC environment is fully optimized, and ready to use:
- Clean up legacy data
- Validate the data against other internal and external sources
- Automatically insert churn sheets and site survey sheets
- Modernize the data by linking it into Active Directory and other business systems
- Offer supplementary services such as Spark, WebEx, IM&P, and Jabber
Enterprise Connect is a great time to visit VOSS and learn more about our migration technology. Stop by at booth #1232 to take advantage of this exclusive offer.
Finally, if you are considering a move to Skype for Business, there are additional incentives that we can provide as a result of our relationship with Microsoft.