UC and Collaboration Performance Management – Part 2: Analytics
August 24, 2021
Jamie Litherland, Solutions Owner, VOSS Solutions
In my blog post last week, we took a look at VOSS Assurance.
This week, it’s all about VOSS Analytics. In a nutshell, VOSS Analytics offers powerful business context insights and visibility to drive efficiency and understanding. It integrates with your IT Ops applications with enriched data for intelligence to help you deepen your collaboration service quality, usage, and effectiveness. As a result, you can expect to see improved productivity, money savings, and an increase in adoption through continual transformation.
Why might VOSS Analytics be for you?
- Do you have vast amounts of UC and collaboration data, but find it difficult to extract and analyze it?
- Is it hard to view and analyze data about the adoption of UC and collaboration tools across the user base?
- Is it tough to control licensing costs?
- Are PSTN lines expensive and difficult to see what’s free or being used?
- Does your business lack full visibility of the assets each employee has and is using?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then read on!
Historically, gathering data about service usage, service adoption, user trends, and license consumption has been very challenging in a multi-application UC environment. With VOSS Analytics, you can quickly retrieve information about users, devices, services, licenses and transactions, through an easy-to-use web-based portal. We give administrators access to a single portal to view critical information about collaboration services, drill down to the details, or export the data for external use with third party billing and analysis tools.
With VOSS Analytics, you can expect the following key features:
- Number inventory tracking
- Multiple reports on lines, directory numbers and E164 numbers
- Easily identify associations between lines, directory numbers and E164
- Integration with external systems
- Export data to your other IT systems
- Set up billing system data feed to combine business context with telephony data
- Easy to deploy and use
- Point VOSS Analytics at VOSS-4-UC for instant access to collaboration system data
- Intuitive menus allow quick navigation
- Quickly customize reports, filter, search, and drill down to find the data you need
- License tracking
- Track and report on vendor defined license usage which signify your costs
As for business outcomes, with VOSS Analytics you experience benefits in three core areas:
Business intelligence to better understand your UC solution
VOSS Analytics pulls data from multiple applications into a single dashboard allowing you to understand UC services usage in the wider context of impact to the business. This analysis helps you see trends in user and service adoption, understand which services are favored among others, and make better decisions on which services should be invested in, in the future.
Service usage and adoption
VOSS Analytics allows an analysis of UC service consumption, to measure which services are being adopted or not. Administrators can then take action to increase adoption. Administrators can compare service usage versus purchased service licenses, to evaluate whether the business is getting the best value for the already purchased UC licenses.
VOSS Analytics provides great insight into administrator and end user activity, when operating the UC solution. It allows analysis of the activities that are most frequently carried out when managing the UC environment, and gives an insight into failed transactions which could highlight opportunities to refine workflows or introduce user guidance to improve processes and make efficiencies.
Next week, I will shine a light on our NetFlow capability, but in the meantime, some of these assets may be of interest.
If you have any questions about VOSS Analytics, please get in touch.