VOSS Automate 21.4 Automates Microsoft Teams Calling
January 26, 2023
Tim Jalland, Solution Manager, VOSS
VOSS Automate Release 21.4 is Launched
It’s fantastic news to report that the very latest version of VOSS Automate 21.4 is released and available for customers. It brings a whole host of new features and innovation to migrating, managing, and automating multi-vendor UC and collaboration solutions.
From a practical perspective, our partners and larger enterprise customers are introducing and migrating to newer cloud technologies such as Microsoft Teams and Cisco Webex Calling. They wish to integrate and run these alongside existing hosted and on-premises telephony solutions.
Managing multi-vendor networks at scale is complex and time consuming. More than ever, UC automation, self-service, and a single portal have become critical. That’s where VOSS is focused and ready for action, with VOSS Automate and a regular and busy roadmap of updates.
What’s new in the release
- Improved customer self-service providing flexibility and ease-of-use for customer administrators to make day-to-day changes. This includes a powerful search feature and on-the-screen graphics, widgets, and trending charts.
- Extended coverage using the very latest Microsoft PowerShell cmdlet set, covering User Call Forward and Delegation settings. This provides coverage on all common user settings.
- Enhancements to the existing automation and workflows for Microsoft Call Queues, Auto Attendants, and associated Resource Accounts. This is based on feedback from our partners’ operational usage. Plus streamlining the management of these features and allowing further day-to-day changes to be delegated and undertaken by local customer administrators.
- Automation and central control for adding, updating, and deleting Microsoft Teams.
- Improvements to existing automation and workflows for managing Cisco Webex, supporting the latest settings around user licensing and rooms management. These enhancements take advantage of the recently released updates to Cisco’s Webex API. They fully automate the administration process and remove any need for manual configuration uploading.
- Alerting whenever the number inventory becomes close to depletion– i.e. all numbers are allocated and in use. This helps administrators proactively plan and manage the inventory, complementing the existing number cooling and reservation capabilities.
We are hosting a webinar with renowned industry analyst, Kevin Kieller, next week, where many of the above points will be discussed in greater detail:
The Real World is Messy: How to Embrace Microsoft Teams Phone in a Multi-Vendor UC Estate