Answering the Call to Streamline and Automate the Management of Cisco and Microsoft Multi-vendor UC and Voice Networks
VOSS Solutions, the leading provider of digital workplace management technology, announced the general availability of VOSS Automate 21.3. This latest generation of automation management technology from VOSS comprises a wealth of value-added features, with a specific focus on Cisco Call Manager and Microsoft Teams Phone System integration.
Many VOSS customers and prospects are migrating their UC and voice to Microsoft Teams but still have significant estates of Cisco infrastructure that needs to co-exist. VOSS helps solve this business challenge by integrating, simplifying, and automating the overall complexity of managing these diverse, multi-vendor platforms.
Dan Payne, CTO at VOSS Solutions, commented; “The new version of VOSS Automate delivers on this requirement and it is exciting to see it already in use with our lead customers. Our automation workflows, in areas such as keeping track of a combined inventory of numbers, on-boarding new users, licensing or simply migrating services from one side to the other, are proving their worth in terms of saving time and removing inefficiencies in existing multi-step configuration processes”.
VOSS Automate is the world’s most advanced UC automation platform, offering a single point of management and integration for the digital workplace ecosystem. It builds on the release of Version 21 in November 2021, which was developed to help organizations grapple with hybrid and remote workers, to ensure high levels of user adoption, collaboration and productivity, and to manage spiraling costs.
Version 21.3 takes this a step further to support the growing urgency for Cisco and Microsoft collaboration tools to coexist and interoperate in a highly dynamic and agile way, supporting an often remote and hybrid workforce. By putting the user at the center of the solution and offering an integrated Cisco and Microsoft dial plan, organizations will ensure that user experience is optimal, collaboration across technologies is seamless, and productivity remains high. VOSS is making it simpler for customers to navigate the complex transition process to the cloud.
Any organizations that operate a mixed estate of Cisco and Microsoft collaboration tools, including those in the middle of a migration plan, are invited to discuss their dial plan challenges with VOSS, to learn more about this product enhancement.
VOSS Automate 21.3 delivers key multi-vendor and hybrid innovations:
- Consolidated view of all subscribers – A blended view of all users on the collaboration service with intuitive graphics showing which service a user has assigned (Cisco, Microsoft or both), their assigned DDI number, voicemail and licensing. The view can be navigated by department or site using the VOSS hierarchy, filtered, or used with a search capability making it fast and easy to find particular users in the organization.
- Single inventory of all telephone numbers – A single repository of all numbers configured across the estate, showing which numbers are assigned and to who, with the ability to automatically assign the next free number whenever a new user joins the organization.
- Integrated dial plan – Management, coordination, and configuration of the dial plan between different estates – Microsoft Teams and Cisco Call Manager – enabling all users to freely communicate whatever device they are on, keep the same telephone number during a migration, and optimize licensing costs ensuring unnecessary services are removed.
- Migration workflow – Streamlining the steps to move users to Microsoft Teams and back again if required through a robust workflow that can be triggered from the portal or in bulk. The migration workflow can also be triggered from Active Directory allowing an organization to fully integrate and automate on-boarding and migration from existing employee management processes.
- Standardized subscriber packages – Defining a set of standard subscriber profiles to fit with work personas that can be deployed quickly as needed, centrally or through self-service, in a robust way that ensures the ongoing service is optimized and supported. Packages can be provided for Cisco-Only services, Microsoft Teams-only services, or both (for those users that require the full set).
- Microsoft license reporting – Providing reporting data that can be used to accurately monitor and charge for license usage across the different sites, departments, and units within an organization.