VOSS Provides UC Management for collab9's FedRAMP Authorized UCaaS Platform
collab9 Harnesses VOSS Technology to Simplify UC Operations and Improve End User Experience
Tuesday November 29, 2016 – Richardson, TX – Today, VOSS Solutions announced that collab9, which was recently awarded FedRAMP (Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program) Authorization, has implemented VOSS’ UC (Unified Communications) management to underpin the UCaaS (Unified Communications as a Service) provider’s secure cloud collaboration platform.
collab9 has been developing its UCaaS product over the last couple of years, and in August 2016, announced it is the world's first and only FedRAMP Authorized UCaaS provider. With the FedRAMP Authorized designation, collab9 and its resellers can offer a secure Unified Communications service to federal, state, and local government entities.
In order to achieve FedRAMP Authorization, collab9 needed to undergo a series of stringent security requirements and controls. Federal, state, and local government entities opting for a FedRAMP authorized UCaaS solution can realize several benefits, including:
- FedRAMP Moderate security authorization, including continuous monitoring.
- Significant cost savings.
- Modernized telecommunications services delivered from the cloud.
- Increased employee safety through 911 solutions.
- BYOD, work at home, and mobility capabilities.
- Built-in disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Available on numerous public sector contract vehicles.
Several VOSS products will be employed by collab9 to automate and simplify the process of on-boarding and managing new government agencies using the collab9 platform:
- VOSS MiGR8-2-UC, the highly sophisticated product designed to carry out big data UC migration projects will help collab9 migrate large volumes of users, devices, and UC services to the UCaaS platform, rapidly and efficiently.
- The VOSS UC management technology will simplify the design, delivery, and day-to-day operation of collab9’s UC services and applications, ensuring that its end user customers profit from the cloud-based UC platform.
- VOSS Analytics will enable collab9 to quickly retrieve information about users, devices, services, licenses, and transactions, providing access to sophisticated UC analysis from a single portal in seconds.
Mike Frayne, CEO at VOSS Solutions, commented, "The fact that collab9 is first to market with a FedRAMP Authorized secure cloud collaboration offering is a huge success for the UCaaS provider and the UC industry overall. We are delighted that collab9 will be making use of the VOSS product portfolio to support this new initiative in the government sector."
"Through our recent FedRAMP Authorization, VOSS and collab9 authorized contractors, service providers, and VARs, can offer a highly differentiated and specialized UCaaS offering that’s focused on the federal and SLED markets. Additionally, the use of VOSS’ UC management technology helps automate and simplify the challenge of getting new government agencies up and running on the collab9 platform as quickly and efficiently as possible," said Kevin Schatzle, CEO of collab9.
About VOSS Solutions
VOSS Solutions provides a multi-vendor UC management and migration technology to automate and simplify the challenge of operating today's increasingly sophisticated communications environments. VOSS-4-UC, which has been ranked by Nemertes as the world #1 UC operations management platform, can be consumed on premise or in the cloud, and helps customers to design, deploy, operate and optimize the most advanced UC environments. VOSS MiGR8-2-UC is a highly sophisticated product that uses a revolutionary methodology to help organizations rapidly and efficiently migrate large volumes of users, devices and UC services.
VOSS is head-quartered in Richardson, Texas, with offices in Reading, UK, and Cape Town, South Africa. VOSS is funded by Intel Capital, Eden Ventures, Vodafone Ventures, and XAnge Private Equity. The VOSS technology has been deployed by over 130 cloud service providers and prominent enterprise organizations across the world.
+44 (0) 7788 567 604