Liam Smit Takes the Stage on "SSL/TLS Flaws, Attacks and the Future"
23rd May 2017 - Cape Town - Today, VOSS Solutions announced that the next OWASP Meetup will be hosted by VOSS at its headquarters in Cape Town.
- Date: Wednesday May 24, 2017
- Time: 7pm – 9pm
- Location: Knowledge Park 3, Unit 6 Heron Crescent, Century City, Cape Town
- Click to see map
- Click to register
Liam Smit will lead the event, giving a talk entitled "SSL/TLS Flaws, attacks and the Future". His presentation will cover TLS (and older SSL) flaws, types of attacks, and the future of TLS.
In the workshop, Liam, a software developer and an enthusiast of all things security related, will cover:
- Various types of attack oracles
- Which SSL and TLS versions to avoid
- Checking for SSL / TLS vulnerabilities
- Hardening your SSL configurations
- The upcoming TLS 1.3 standard
VOSS will host the seminar at its HQ in Cape Town. Attendance is free of charge but spaces are limited, so registration in advance is highly recommended.
To find out more about VOSS’ participation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.