VOSS Brochures, Downloads & Videos
Click on a link below, to download resources from the VOSS library.
VOSS and a Financial Institution in Europe
How a global outsourcer transformed a European financial institution to UC, with VOSS:
This is a rare example of a large enterprise committing to a full transformation of its communications systems to next generation IP.
A leader in the finance industry recognized that the cost of maintaining 3,000 multi-vendor TDM PBXs across its vast network of offices and branches was reducing its ability to operate efficiently. Specifically the organization's management team wanted to achieve the following goals:
- Cut the support and maintenance cost of thousands of ‘end-of-life’ TDM-PBXs
- Reduce expensive IT support for voice services
- Access new and future IP-PBX / Unified Communications (UC) functionality, on demand
- Implement new standardized branch extension dial plan and multiple office dial plan variants
- Support hot-desking for staff, with 100% extension mobility
- Introduce real time MACs (moves, adds, changes), plus devolved administration and user self-care
The financial institution took the decision to migrate all legacy telecommunication and data systems onto a next generation IP platform and plans were set in place to outsource the entire WAN, computer and telephony systems to an outsource service provider. The organization engaged a global outsourcer, its role being to oversee the entire transformation project, including managing all third party vendors, and to host the organization’s IT infrastructure going forward. It was therefore imperative for the outsourcer to create a best in class solution, as it would be the outsourcer’s responsibility to support the entire communications systems. The outsourcer’s groundbreaking solution included VOSS, an industry leader in UC management technology...